Complaint Review: who's who publications

• who's who publications
    1200 G Street NW, Suite 800
    washington, District of Columbia
    United States of America

who's who publications american who's who association Purchased Who's Who Registry and Plaque with son's name for $114, never received, ceased operations washington, District of Columbia

I received a letter dated November 5, 2008 from American Who's Who Association congratulating me because my son had been nominated for recognition in the 2008-2009 Who's Who Registry of Academic Excellence-Middle School Edition.

I responded with his short biography and picture to include in the registry.

After the biography was approved, I ordered the book and an 8X10 laser engraved plaque for $114.  My check #4562 cleared my bank on February 17, 2009.

I called and questioned when I would receive my order, I was told publishing would happen in September.  After September 2009, I called and called and e-mailed and faxed...I left numberous messages and never received a return call.

On March 5, 2010, I found a message on their website, www.whoswhopublishing.com that, "Due to the current economic conditions that persist today, AWWA has ceased operations.  We are working to fulfill all outstanding orders at this time.  Please check our website periodically for further updates."  Today, the website ceases to exist.

I have called their phone number and get some sort of operator trying to put the call through...she wants to take a message.  No luck contacting anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2010 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/whos-who-publications/washington-district-of-columbia-20005-6705/whos-who-publications-american-whos-who-association-purchased-whos-who-registry-and-pla-643609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content