Complaint Review: Wickes And Stainmaster

• Reported By: Oak Grove Oregon
  • Wickes And Stainmaster
    wickesfurniture.com
    Portland, Oregon

We called within an hour of a kitty pee stain. they said they'd call us right back. It took them a week, even with 2 more calls on our part before they "got right back".

Then they said they would be right out to clean it as it should be done soon.......
but that "right out" took over another week.

(we are always home, so they could have come anytime.)

Then the guy came, looked at the couch, could not visibly see the stain. By that time it was dry and we had tried to blot all we could out immediately, naturally. However, this "serviceman" refused to clean the spot where we said the urine had been.
Instead he told us it wssn't covered and to go buy ourselves an enyzme product.

The thing is, we told them when we first called, and subsequently that it was a "kitten urine stain", which we were told WAS covered when they sold us the couch, SO WHY if they were not going to clean it, did they even bother to come out???????

I felt as if we were assumed to be liars, like if the owner says the urine fell there, but you can't see it, why then it maybe didn't, they might be trying to rip us off!!!! How ridiculous.

so the warantee was a total rip off and one Wickes undoubredly knows is going on. dollars to donuts the guy charged Wickes anyway; even though he didn't do a thing.

If this is any indicator of the rest of their warantee and or product quality, I'd say steer clear. it's just good we found out BEFORE we bought the whole new two entire room fulls we were considering buying from them!!!!!!!

Earth to Wickes, the customer is always right!!!!!!!!

Benita
Oak Grove, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2006 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wickes-and-stainmaster/portland-oregon-97267/wickes-and-stainmaster-lies-x-10-ripoff-worthless-warantee-save-your-money-portland-oregon-218428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

The tech that visited your home was definitely in the wrong. My husband works locally for the company that Stainsafe contracts for their warranty work, and he has cleaned much worse stains than that. It sounds like you got a lazy tech who just didn't want to do the work, although he probably said that he did. Here, if a customer is not satisfied, they have no problem with calling and complaining to the warranty company. I would suggest that you call and complain. On a side note, here the techs don't actually work for Stainsafe, they work for a warranty company, and they are extremely busy, so the week or more that you had to wait is normal. I hope you get resolution to your issue.

Stainsafe

AUTHOR: Lucille - (U.S.A.)

I can't speak for the company Stainsafe, but I can speak on behalf of Wickes. We do sell their Protection on our furniture, but customers must understand, we only sell the product. That's like when you buy a car, and then have problems with it. If your warranty is with another company, you need to contact them. The dealership couldn't fix your car and your warranty is not with them. Sounds to me like Stainsafe should have cleaned thier sofa. For future reference, stay on Stainsafe, never let them tell you that they are going to call you back. Stay on the phone and ask for a Claim #. We have a rep that works with Stainsafe that could possible help you. But all problems with Stainsafe should be directed at them. Thanks!

Stainsafe

AUTHOR: Lucille - (U.S.A.)