Complaint Review: WildBlue/ViaSat Communications

• Reported By: Tim — Wintersville Ohio United States of America
  • WildBlue/ViaSat Communications

Englewood, Colorado
    United States of America

WildBlue/ViaSat Communications Fraudulent business practices! Englewood, Colorado

WildBlue used a classic "bait-and-switch" strategy to get me to sign up for their satellite internet service. I signed up for a special offer online, but after their technician installed the satellite dish, I found out I was being billed at a much higher rate, and charged $149.99 for an account set-up fee that was supposed to have been waived.

After a couple of months of relatively good service, internet speeds declined dramatically. Their service ended up being only slightly faster than dial-up, and, of course, only when it was working, which is less than four hours a day, on average.

In short, WildBlue does not even come close to providing the "lightening quick, reliable internet" that they claim to provide. They are simple scam artists. After six frustrating months, I am breaking my two-year service agreement with them after, and no doubt they will try to charge me more money and threaten me with collections.

But they are messing with the wrong person. Their conduct is criminal, and I have already filed a complaint with my state's Attorney General's office. The FTC, FCC, and the BBB are next. If necessary, I am going to retain the services of an attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wildblueviasat-communications/englewood-colorado-80155/wildblueviasat-communications-fraudulent-business-practices-englewood-colorado-936053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content