Complaint Review: Wilhelmina

• Wilhelmina
    3100 Princeton Pike
    Lawrenceville, New Jersey

Wilhelmina Scouting Network ripoff Lawrenceville New Jersey

Hi, My name is Noemi. I signed a contract with an agency called Wilhelmina Scouting Network. Let me tell you how it all happened:

I was shopping at a local supermarket when a so-called professional talent scout approached myself and my daughter who is 13 years old. She told me she really liked my daughters' look and gave me a card. On the card it said to make an appointment within 24 hours. I went to an appointment and was easily scammed into paying $995.00 up front. I don't even know how that happened. It was all so quick. I saw girls walking in and out of there who so thin and pretty and thought it was so legitimate. The lady (Alicia Kabach), told me I was guaranteed atleast 10 jobs/bookings within weeks.

She said I would get my money back and more. She also said that models need comp cards and that online comp cards were cheaper because you could easily change the pictures as the model changes her look. She made it seem all so easy. It sounded like all I had to do was sit back and let it all happen - all the jobs would come pouring through.

Well, here I am 3 weeks later and not a thing going on. They call me to come in a do pictures with their photographer for $500.00. Also want me to pay $1,400.00 to go to a Fashion Rock at Orlando, FL to enter in what they say is a competition with alot of agencies to see my daughter. I'm very sad about what I am going through but very determined to get my money back. Fortunately, I paid with a credit card and I am trying to dispute the charges. My credit card says I have up to 60 days to submit the dispute form. Wish me luck!

Thanks for listening

Noemi
ewing, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2003 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wilhelmina/lawrenceville-new-jersey-08648/wilhelmina-scouting-network-ripoff-lawrenceville-new-jersey-64420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content