Complaint Review: Wilhite Solar Solutions

• Wilhite Solar Solutions
    9335 Ellerbe Road
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    United States of America

Wilhite Solar Solutions Solar Power Home Systems Are Just A Scam -- NOT Worth The Money Shreveport , Louisiana

We purchased a 3.2kw solar panel system in December 2009 from Wilhite Solar Solutions.  After 3 years of usage, we have saved only $1,000.  At this rate, it will take 21 years to get our investment back.

I am a manufacturing cost accountant and I calculate savings, cost, budgets and standards for a living.  I kept weekly/monthly details for the first 15 months of usage and this system only saved an average of around $35 / month.

Wilhite and all other solar systems installers advertise possible savings of 50% - 70% of your monthly bill.  This is a joke and I believe a scam perpetrated by the entire solar "green" industry.

We contacted Wilhite a month ago and requested that they check out the system to see if they could determine if there is a problem with it.  I left them a letter attached to the inverter describing the issues listed above.  They did come look at the system, but they have never contacted us about anything they may have found.  A few days after they looked at the system, the electric company came out and put a new meter in.  That has nothing to do with the actual amount of KW's that the solar panels generated in the past 3 years.

I have told many people over the past 3 years NOT to invest in any home solar systems and they have appreciated me giving them the "heads up" about the lack of true savings with these systems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wilhite-solar-solutions/shreveport-louisiana-71106/wilhite-solar-solutions-solar-power-home-systems-are-just-a-scam-not-worth-the-money-s-1045674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content