Complaint Review: WiMacTel

• WiMacTel
    2225 E Bayshore Rd, Suite 200
    Palo Alto, California
    United States of America

WiMacTel Extremely high, unnotified charge on payphone use Palo Alto, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WiMacTel Response

I made 2 calls to mainland USA from Honolulu International Airport and was charged about $45 for each of them. I used my credit card to pay and the first time I gave the information on the phone to a service rep. while the second time I inputted the information myself. Each call only lasted a few minutes. I was never informed of these rates and there was no information on the payphone posting these charges.

I e-mailed their customer service requesting a refund to the amount that would balance my charge to a normal fee for payphone usage. I expected it to cost a few dollars, ten at most and am outraged that they would charge that much for two very short calls without any notice of fees. I have not received a response to my request, but regardless, I will never use WiMacTel's services again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 02:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wimactel/palo-alto-california-94303/wimactel-extremely-high-unnotified-charge-on-payphone-use-palo-alto-california-999609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WiMacTel Response

AUTHOR: James MacKenzie - (Canada)

I just picked up this story online and would like to assist. I'm surprised that no one from our customer care team responded to you so if you can drop me a note at ceo@wimactel.com I will assist right away.

The price for these types of calls versus using coins are much higher as there are so many additional costs that come into play. Commissions that have to be paid to the payphone owner, validation costs, billing & collection costs, bad debt, live operators, etc. None of these costs apply to coin calls. We would also like to be able to post the price for the call on the phone but there simply isn't room with all the various factors that come into play when pricing the call: where you are calling, what you are using to pay (credit card, calling card, collect, person to person, 3r party) and whether an operator is helping or not.

We do offer an option where callers can hear the rate before they place the call but at times it is missed. We sincerely care about our customers being satisfied with our service and in those instances where the price is a huge surprise we do try to assist right away. So please drop me a note at the email address above and I will ensure your problem is resolved.

Sincerely, James MacKenzie