Complaint Review: wine chateau.com

• Reported By: Geoff — California USA
  • wine chateau.com

Internet
    USA

wine chateau.com VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! THEY DONT DELIVER WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL! DONT USE THEM! New Jersey Internet

I placed an order of 6 bottles of wine with them on 4/2/17. I received an email confirming the order and that it would DELIVER on 4/11 or 4/12.

I was charged $43 for shipping on an 89$ 10lb order.I called on 4/11/17 at 1pm PST to check the status of my order and spoke with "Amber" who first said "It will be delivered to THEIR warehouse on Friday (4/14/17). When I said I had an email saying it would be DELIVERED to ME on 4/11/17 she said "our systems are down I will have to call you back when they are up". I told her I would call back in an hour if I hadn't heard from her.

She called me in about 40 minutes saying they didn't even have the product yet. She offered me 50% off shipping (ROFL). Considering I priced the order on FEDEX.com that is the actual price my shipping would be, about 23 bucks this was unacceptable. Their website and the order itself did not say the product was out of stock or had to be ordered from a supplier for them to then ship it to me. Had I known this I wouldnt have gone with them.

Nobody ever contacted me to say there was a problem with my order or that it would not be on time. Now the special event I had planned to use this really wonderful wine for will suffer as a result. I had talked this wine up with my friends and family and now I will just have to tell them to say AWAY from ever using this website.I cancelled my order. This is a highly disreputable company with poor service. Do not do business with them. Ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2017 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wine-chateaucom/internet/wine-chateaucom-very-poor-customer-service-they-dont-deliver-when-they-say-they-will-1367170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content