Complaint Review: Winn Dixie

9866 BAYMEADOWS ROAD
    Jacksonville, Florida
    United States of America

Winn Dixie Incorrect Pricing! Jacksonville, Florida

*Author of original report: as it turns out...

I have had it with Winn Dixie and their pricing.  Everytime I go in there to do a little grocery shopping I end up fighting for their advertised price.  Today was no different.  I should have known to double check the receipt in the store, however did not until I had gotten home.  Low and behold I was overcharged.  Again.  This time was in regards to their Winn Dixie frozen veggies.  In their ad the price is advirtised for 10/$10.  I thought that was great and purchased two bags of corn.  The regular sweet corn and the super sweet white corn.  Keep in mind that all of the veggies were in one specific area with the white corn right in the middle of the veggie selection.  Well the regular corn rang up as the correct price of $1.00 (after my Winn Dixie card) and the white corn rang up as $1.79.

I know that is is only $.79, however it was the principle of the matter and it really agitated me.  As soon as I realized the price discrepency I turned around and went back to the store as I only live about two minutes from the grocery store.

I went in there not so happy and the manager could tell.  She asked how she could help and I explained the situation and how this happened every time I come in this store.  She apologized and stated that the discrepency should not have happened.  While I appreciated her apology, there are only so many times that you can accept an apology.  What would be better than them saying they are sorry is if they had things priced correctly.

Now I'm not sure if it's just that their pricing team is unable to complete their job correctly, or if it's a bit of a trick to get customers to pay more.  If I hadn't been paying attention to the reciept then they would have made off with $.79 more than the groceries were supposed to be.  Perhaps they are preying on those that don't pay attention to their reciepts.  I guess if you have 100 people that you're scamming $.79 from then you just made an additional $79.00 profit.

I won't stop shopping entirely at Winn Dixie as it is so convenient from where I live, however I will no longer do my main grocery shopping there.  I'll go down the street a couple of miles and buy my groceries from Wal-Mart and only go to Winn Dixie for their buy one get one.  Actually though the more I think about it perhaps it would be better to go to Publix.  For one, they match any competitors pricing, which means I can just bring in Winn Dixie's ad and still get that price.  Also, if something is not priced correctly at Publix they give it to you for free.  No need to wonder why Winn Dixie has not copied that practice....they'd be giving the store away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/winn-dixie/jacksonville-florida-32256/winn-dixie-incorrect-pricing-jacksonville-florida-591441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

as it turns out...

AUTHOR: SamSam26 - (United States of America)

Publix doesn't match prices, they match coupons.  I was incorrect in my first statement.