Report: #208462

• Wirefly.com, InPhonic.com
    1010 Wisconsin Av Suite 600
    Washington, District of Columbia

Wirefly.com, InPhonic.com Rebate Scam Washington District of Columbia

*Author of original report: Rebate Appears Out of Nowhere!

Wirefly customer beware! The $150 rebate on my Razr V3 was a scam. This was a complicated process, such as applying for the rebate exactly 180-210 days after purchase, but I kept track of it on a calendar and mailed in all the many required documents on time.

Weeks later Wirefly e-mailed that I submitted the wrong documents, which is absurd. They also said they would be e-mailing suggestions about how to remedy the situation and still get the rebate, but they did not contact me again. End of discussion... you can't fight these crooks. $150 lost.

So either plan to pay full price at Wirefly or deal with an honest merchant. I'm not the only victim. Search the Internet for Wirefly scams - you will find plenty.

J D
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wireflycom-inphoniccom/washington-district-of-columbia-20007/wireflycom-inphoniccom-rebate-scam-washington-district-of-columbia-208462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rebate Appears Out of Nowhere!

AUTHOR: J d - (U.S.A.)

Nine months after I applied for the rebate, my $150 check showed up! I'm glad to have the money I thought was lost, but I will never do business with Wirefly/InPhonic again.