Complaint Review: Wisconsin Singles

• Wisconsin Singles
    700 Pilgrim Parkway
    Elm Grove, Wisconsin
    USA

Wisconsin Singles Today's Matchmaker of Wisconsin, LLC I didn't give them any money but they have all my personal information Elm Grove Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Update to Original Post

I signed up for this dating site online and left my phone number. The next day I got a call and they were very persuasive for me to come in. The wanted to sell me 12 dates for 5,000. I told them I did not have any money because I was going through a divorce. I was right about to leave when they offerred me a free subscription. I thought what the heck.

It was kind of fishy from the beginning. There was no sign on the door and a very spacious office. Other clients came in while I was there and the lady interviewing me was very careful for me not to see any of them.  She proceeded to tell me they do background checks which cost 500 each. I have no idea what kind of background check they do for that money! I was in a very vulnerable state. She took my ss number, name of bank, drivers license, and then a personal picture. I did not feel very comfortable signing the contract. She specifically told me not to breathe a word to anyone that they gave me a free subscription.

It didn't hit until the next day, that I got scammed. I have no idea what to do now that they have my personal information, but I wonder how many other people have run into the same thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wisconsin-singles/elm-grove-wisconsin-53122/wisconsin-singles-todays-matchmaker-of-wisconsin-llc-i-didnt-give-them-any-money-but-t-1083133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update to Original Post

AUTHOR: neesieb - ()

Well, I just wanted to update from my original post. I would actually remove the first one if I could, but can't so I am posting a rebuttal. Orginally I did think I got scammed especially after reading other posts from Arizona Singles, etc. Although after the one month waiting period, I did get matched with 2 dates  this far. One I am currently seeing now. I did get phone calls from their match makers as promised. So as of today, I have been happy with Wisconsin Singles. I will try and keep this site updated with progress I have working with them. I would have to say after reading posts from other single sites after the first day of signing up I was skeptical. All I can say as of right now is so far so good and I have had a good experience so far. The guy I am dating is extremely sweet, although I am not ready to get married, I have enjoyed the time I have spent with him. Thank you Wisconsin Singles.