Complaint Review: Wise Eyes Optical

• Wise Eyes Optical
    10049 Cleary Blvd Plantation, FL 33324
    Plantation, Florida
    United States of America

Wise Eyes Optical Wise Eyes Optical OD Ripping Customers Off Plantation, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You damaged your own glasses with chemicals

*Consumer Comment: question

My name is Ivan, and I purchased a pair of glasses on March 17, 2012. The glasses had the (Brooks Brothers) on them and I wanted to take the letters off. The manager told me that in order to be able to erase the name I would have to use nail polish remover. As soon as I got home, I used the remover and the frame was damaged. I called the Wise Eyes Optical manager to let her know what had happened and she started screaming at me, telling me not to ever call there again. She told me that the glasses had no refund, even after I called them an 1 hour later. I have contacted an attorney and made a formal complaint with the BBB of Florida. They are stealing from customers, and should be ashamed of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wise-eyes-optical/plantation-florida-33324/wise-eyes-optical-wise-eyes-optical-od-ripping-customers-off-plantation-florida-856251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You damaged your own glasses with chemicals

AUTHOR: Wise Eyes Optical - (United States of America)

Ivan came in to purchase eyeglasses for fashion, he did not have a prescription. At that time he was advised to purchase zero powered lenses cut into his new eyeglasses because the demo lenses in his new glasses had the brand name "Brooks Brothers" written in the lenses of this designer frame. The demo lenses are supposed to be replaced upon frame purchase with a lens purchased by the consumer of either an Rx power or zero power. Ivan told the salesboy that he would rather use acetone, a very harsh chemical, to clean the "Brooks Brothers" off of the lens. Ivan was advised by the salesboy that we never use acetone on eyeglasses as it is too harsh and may destroy the frame or lenses. The salesboy told Ivan again to have a new zero powered lens cut into the frame as is recommended and customary. Ivan refused, taking his new frame telling the salesboy that a friend of his could put the zero powered lenses in his newly purchased glasses if necessary. Ivan took the frame home, used acetone and now blames us for his foolish behavior. Our manager was never with him during the sale. We can be responsible for people destroying their own property with chemicals or physical damage like driving a car over them. For 30 years we have been caring for our clients with love and respect. This situation is a scam perpetrated by Ivan in which we will not participate.

question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

What did they steal from you?