Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards

• Reported By: Buena New Jersey
  • WLI Reservation Rewards
    101 Merritt 7 5th Floor
    Norwalk, Connecticut

About three months ago I purchased an item for my mother-in-law from Joann.com. After I finished the order (if I recall correctly) I got either a pop-up or there was something at the end of the process that said that, as a reward for my purchase I would receive a ten percent discount on my next purchase. I hit the link to check it out. After reading so much information, I decided to forget it and close the window. That's the last I thought of it, until today.

As I was checking my on-line checking account statement, I notices a $7.00 charge to my account. Upon looking back to last months, I saw another $7.00 charge, which I must have overlooked last time I checked my checking account statement.

I never signed up for this and immediately called their customer service. Toby, the CSR, told me that I must have entered my email address twice to their application in order to have enrolled in their program. That's a bunch of h*o-ha cause as I said, I closed the window when I releazed it wasn't worth all that. They wanted too much info for a measly 10% discount.

Anyways, I let Toby know that, he did a little CYA dance and agreed to wave both months fees and credit the $14.00 back to my account.

I thanked him, but I also let him know what I think of the company he worked for, and the kind of person(himself) that would work for such a company.

By the way, he mentioned that Res. Rewards and Webloyalty were back by the Better Business Bureau. Could this be true? If so, the BBB needs to know what's going on here.

Tom
Buena, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2003 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wli-reservation-rewards/norwalk-connecticut-06851/wli-reservation-rewards-aka-webloyaltycom-another-ripoff-by-wli-reservation-rewards-norwa-67141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

rip off

AUTHOR: Anisse - (U.S.A.)

i never ok'd for yu to deduct anything out of my account

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

rip off

AUTHOR: Anisse - (U.S.A.)

i never ok'd for you to deduct anything out of my account

WLI Reservation Rewards- Fraud

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I called my bank today to check why this company has been charging my debit card $7 a month. I never heard of this company before. My husband many months ago charged to my debit card a book from buy.com which I allowed and ever since I have been charged this fee. I finally caught it today since I rarely check my statements from the bank since my debit card is used so much. This has been happening to me for the past 7 months now. My bank told me to call the Dispute by phone and so I did, I will receive money from January till March since I didn't report this right away and could've stopped this from happening. I called this 888 number too because I was charged over draft fees along with the $7 since I was in the process of closing my account, the $7 put me in a negative balance with my bank. I spoke with a customer service person and she said the company will refund the total amount of $49 back to my account. I cancelled my so-called membership with this company. I believe they do this to many people and make thousands even millions off of people who don't realize this is happening. I am never purchasing anything online again from anyone since this was so easily done, it scares me to death what else could happen to people. Please be aware of this company!!!!

DO NOT DIAL THE LISTED 800 NUMBER! IT SHOULD BE 888

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)

Please call the CORRECT number for Reservation Rewards: 888-688-5995.

While those of us at the 800 number feel badly that you have been ripped off, WE DO NOT have any affiliation with Reservation Rewards.

We are getting upwards of 30 calls a day from people who have called based on wrong numbers listed on this site, as well as people who have dialed incorrectly. Please dial the correct number carefully and THEN go get em.