Report: #361989

• Reported By: Bend Oregon
  • WM Financial Group & Washington Mutual Bank
    2070 20th Lane
    Brooklyn, New York

WM Financial Group & Washington Mutual Bank Sent check for 3,900 Fraud Brooklyn New York

*Author of original report: update

I received a check for 3,900.00 and a letter saying that I had won $39,000.00 and that the initial check was to cover taxes for the latter amount. I tried to call the number listed just to see if it was legitimate and was unable to get through to a person, I kept getting a message that they were having technical difficulties. I have an account with Washington Mutual so I called them to get their take on the deal and was told that they had never heard of WM financial.

From reading one of the other reports on Ripoff Report I now know that that is not the case. In dealing with Washington Mutual in the past I want everyone to know that they will NOT put a stop payment on a transaction if requested... everyone beware. I was double charged by a company who eventually corrected the problem themselves, but if they had not...

Shelly
Bend, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2008 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wm-financial-group-washington-mutual-bank/brooklyn-new-york-11214/wm-financial-group-washington-mutual-bank-sent-check-for-3900-fraud-brooklyn-new-york-361989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

update

AUTHOR: Shelly - (U.S.A.)

I did call the bank that the check was issued from and they said that the account # was no good.