Complaint Review: WMV*MATCH.COM

• Updated: Wed, June 09, 2010
  • Reported By: Saint Paul Park Minnesota
    WMV*MATCH.COM
    Internet

WMV*MATCH.COM WMV*MATCH.COM debited my account and the credited it again Internet

*Consumer Comment: WMV*MATCH.Com

WMV*MATCH.COM charged my account $34.99, then credited it back.(as of now anyway)

The phone number on my statement, for WMV*MATCH.COM, was 800-326-5161. And it looked like it was in TX.

I will be watching my account closely, for any additional charges. And, I'll be informing my bank to watch out for this type of activity.

Scapeman
Saint Paul Park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2008 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wmvmatchcom/internet/wmvmatchcom-wmvmatchcom-debited-my-account-and-the-credited-it-again-internet-395609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

WMV*MATCH.Com

AUTHOR: twenty8below - (USA)

WMV*MATCH.Com  or www.match.com can't seem to prevent these types of problems.   On 5/27/2010 I was charged $34.99 to my credit card from these guys.  The very next day on 5/28 it was credited back to the card.

I contacted my credit card company on 6/7/2010 who gave me the full telephone number 800-326-5161 (CC statement truncated it).  I called MATCH.com and spoke to a very pleasant lady who looked up the charge by my name (not CC number).  She said a new membership was taken out in my name and street address, but the state was wrong.  Their billing department flagged the charge as fraudulent and cancelled the membership and reversed the charge on 5/28.  She said they do NOT require the security code from the back of the card....just the CC number and exp date.  It's no wonder they have fraud problems!

The funny thing is this particular CC card is only used for utilities and monthly bills, not online purchased or general use.  My CC promptly cancelled my card and issued a new card free of charge with next day delivery (Go CITI).   The only hassle is calling all the utilities......

Raleigh, NC