Complaint Review: Woodfin Oil Company

• Reported By: richmond va
  • Woodfin Oil Company
    8180 Mechanicsville Turnpike
    Mechanicsville, Virginia

Woodfin Oil Company ..Heating and Oil Company makes unnecessary repairs in Mechanicsville Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Late but necessary response

I contracted with Woodfin Oil in Richmond, Virginia to perform a $70 cleaning and inspection.The company,without my knowledge or authorization,made a $435 repair. In addition,my furnace which had been operating flawlessly,would not cut on.

When I complained to company that I wanted the furnace returned to it's original condition, they said that their mechanic determined work needed to be done and I was responsible whether I authorized it or not.

I got another heating and oil company to correct the work.Have been to BBB and Va. Consumer Affairs group-am now headed to court to contest charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/woodfin-oil-company/mechanicsville-virginia-23111/woodfin-oil-company-heating-and-oil-company-makes-unnecessary-repairs-in-mechanicsville-2343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Late but necessary response

AUTHOR: Woodfin - ()

To whom it may concern:

I have just stumbled upon your post and apologize for your unsatisfactory experience.  Not having your information I am not able to pull up your account and look into this further.  However, I am sure by now the issue has been addressed and resolved.  However, if it has not please contact us and we will be glad to look into it and make the situation right.