Complaint Review: Woodlake Building

• Woodlake Building
    47786 Van Dyke Ave
    Shelby Township, Michigan
    United States of America

Woodlake Building Cigarette Smoke in My Condo and I Don't Smoke Shelby Township, Michigan

I bought a condo in Shelby Woods North last year. When I moved in, many units were empty. Now, I think most or all of the units in my building are full.

Here is the major problem: I have smelled cigarette smoke in my condo since September. I do not smoke of course and find it appalling and ridiculous that smoke is getting into my unit. I feel the building has some major defects if I am smelling smoke from another unit in my building. I have my windows open because the smell is so bad at times.

I left several messages with the Builder, We finally were able to talk eventually. The builder of Woodlake Building told me there wasn't anything I could do or that he could do about the smoke. In fact, he told me in multiunit housing, it is never 100% airtight, He instructed me to buy an air filter cleaner. He refused to come out to check out my unit too.

Needless to say, I am sickened that I spent $99,999 on my new condo and that I have to smell smoke coming from another unit in my building.

I recommend all people stay away from buying/renting these condos/apartments of Shelby Woods North in Shelby, Michigan. In my opinion, they are poorly built since I am able to smell smoke on a daily basis. I also would like to mention the finish work is of very low quality (painting, drywalling, tile work, caulking, lack of light installation, lack of shelving installed, poorly installed kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and many missing plates over electical and cable outlets). Additionally, my condo came with faux stainless steel appliances when I was told they would be real stainless steal when I signed my contract.

Again, I implore anyone reading this, please do not buy or rent from Shelby Woods North Condos. You will only be disappointed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/woodlake-building/shelby-township-michigan-48317/woodlake-building-cigarette-smoke-in-my-condo-and-i-dont-smoke-shelby-township-michigan-972145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content