Complaint Review: World ECM Thomas Thompson

• Reported By: SoonerEd — Madison Mississippi
  • World ECM Thomas Thompson

Internet, Georgia
    USA

World ECM Thomas Thompson Scam on Electronic Control Modules ECM Internet Georgia

Just like another person on here he charged me $249 to rebuild my core, then said the core was bad.

Told me I would have my part in a week.  Keeps telling me no latter than Wednesday, then Friday, then check with me next week.  Then he goes into the part is hard to find and he'll send it when it comes in.  This guy has lots of scam reports on Google.  Wish I would have googled before hand.  He is very good at calling and e-mail but stringing you along until you pass the 45 days to dispute at PayPal.  Don't let him string you along past 45 days if you are dumb like me and order from him in the first place.

I called and said I wanted a refund as he still didn't have my unit and he would send it when he got it.  He said if I wanted a refund he would withhold a $149 diagnostic fee.

Why would you charge a diagnostic fee when we already knew it was bad.  Stay away from this guy, he understands how to manipulate you to just keep you thinking the nightmare will be over in a "couple more days" and he promises to take care of you.  Any respectable business doesn't refuse a refund when they have repeatedly never followed through on their promises.

Also:  This guy is slick and nows the tricks.  I filed a dispute with PayPal and withing 11 minutes he replied back it was a service.  He knew that by saying that it would close the PayPal complaint as PayPay doesn't cover services.  So, he already know how to keep the scam going.  I had to call PayPal back and they said a rebuilt part is not a service and reopend the complaint.  So, he even tried to scam/lie to PayPal in the dispute process.

If this guy scams you also file on the government's internet fraud site of www.ic3.gov.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/world-ecm-thomas-thompson/internet-georgia/world-ecm-thomas-thompson-scam-on-electronic-control-modules-ecm-internet-georgia-1062376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content