Complaint Review: World Gym Glendale

1001 E. Colorado Blvd
    Glendale, California
    United States of America

World Gym Glendale lies & fraud Glendale, California

I've been a member for 2 years, on an inexpensive month to month plan. When I signed up I talked about cancellations and hidden fees, seeing as I'd had a rotten experience with Bally's some years ago. They said I could cancel at any time and there were no extra fees. I was promised an hour with a trainer as part of the registration, which I never received - but I didn't go that often so I let it slide.

Well, I'm moving out of Glendale, and there is no World Gym within miles of my new location, so I make sure I go there yesterday and say I want to cancel. The guy is very curt and says it's $35. I'm a bit taken aback because this was not what I agreed to and was never informed of this. I'm supposed to pay them to stop taking my money?  I think not.

I'm putting a stop payment on all future charges and issuing chargebacks as far back as the bank will let me. If they try to collect, I will take them to court.

This operation is a scam and a fraud.  Equipment is broken and dirty, showers are gross, most of the lockers don't have locks (does that make them cupboards?) - the front desk has never been staffed at any time I've ever been there, and they've not once bothered to check to see if my membership was valid when I was there.  Clearly, it's because they don't care - they just want saps like me to hand over their credit card info so they can keep charging them forever and then demand payment to cancel a MONTH TO MONTH.  Outrageous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/world-gym-glendale/glendale-california-91205/world-gym-glendale-lies-fraud-glendale-california-847876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content