Complaint Review: World Moving Services, Alpine Moving And Storage, Karl Petrie

• Reported By: Glendale Wisconsin
  • World Moving Services, Alpine Moving And Storage, Karl Petrie
    6306 NW 9th Avenue
    Nationwide

World Moving Services, Alpine Moving And Storage, Karl Petrie World Moving Services coordinated our move from Texas to Wisconsin Alpine Moving was the carrier mover that World Moving Services used to actually move my belongings Karl Petrie, the owner of Alpine Moving demanded payment up front and assured us a credit would be given to us upon delivery, if the load didn't weigh as much as estimated Upon delivery I was due a refund of $358 No credit w Ft. Lauderdale Florida and Texas

*Author of original report: I have received the credit

*Author of original report: World Moving Services - Nationwide Relocation Fort Lauderdale Florida

World Moving coordinated our move from Texas to Wisconsin. Alpine Moving & Storage was the carrier/ mover that World Moving Services used to actually move my belongings. Karl Petrie, the owner of Alpine Moving demanded payment up front and assured us a credit would be given to us upon delivery, if the load didn't weigh as much as estimated. World Moving also assured me of a credit if the load didn't weigh what was estimated. On December 30, 2004 Alpine moving picked up our belongings and delivered them on January 2, 2005.

Upon delivery I was due a refund of $358. Karl's credit card machine would not "batch out" the credit. He assured my husband and I that the refund would take place when he was able to connect to a telephone line. No credit was ever given to me. After many phone calls I contacted World Moving. I have given them copies of our credit card statement proving a refund was never issued. World Moving again assured me they would get my refund. After many phone calls and broken promises (from both companies) I still haven't gotten my refund. Now, BOTH companies will not return my calls.

Grace
Glendale, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2005 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/world-moving-services-alpine-moving-and-storage-karl-petrie/nationwide/world-moving-services-alpine-moving-and-storage-karl-petrie-world-moving-services-coordi-136746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I have received the credit

AUTHOR: Grace - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE 4/29/2005: I have received the credit of $358 from World Moving services-Nationwide Relocation. I am completely satisfied and relieved. The BBB of Florida contacted World Moving Services and helped arbitrate a solution. Tanya Padgett, World Moving's complaint coordinator, was very professional and resolved this issue speedily.

World Moving Services - Nationwide Relocation Fort Lauderdale Florida

AUTHOR: Grace - (U.S.A.)

I just found another family that had a bad experience with World Moving- Nationwide Relcation. Here is the link