Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Reported By: Long Beach CA
  • Worldcom Wireless
    P.O. Box 79362
    City of Industry, California

Worldcom Wireless is a dishonest & fraudulent ripoff that mistreats consumers. City of Industry & Long Beach, California

When I went to get my phone, apparently the three girls in the office were new. This should have been my first hint that I was going to be ripped off. I asked for service with free long distance and no roaming charges. I needed this kind of service (I explained), because I travel a lot.

Every question that I asked had to be looked up. I left being tricked and paying a $250.00 deposit and not having the service that I asked for. I got a call from the girls later (two days)stating that they did have the service that I was looking for but I could not change without the fee. They suggested that I pay that monthly charge (as in keep the phone) and get the service that I requested in the first place. I was outraged and felt that they should have switched me without penalty or any new deposit.

I have subsequently been cross billed or something, because I have never gone over my call limit and repeatedly I have been charged for going way over my monthly billing charge. In short; if I didn't pay the bill, I would have had a penalty assessed, as well as loose my deposit. This sucks. MCI Worldcom Wireless must adjust my bills and give me back my deposit or they are going to get trouble from me!

This sucks!

Kristen
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2002 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldcom-wireless/city-of-industry-california-91716-9362/worldcom-wireless-is-a-dishonest-fraudulent-ripoff-that-mistreats-consumers-city-of-in-25547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content