Complaint Review: Worldcom Wireless

• Reported By: San Francisco ca
  • Worldcom Wireless
    Nationwide

Worldcom Wireless is a ripoff; Billing System problems. Nederland, Texas

Show credit on account, no check nor statement came to me and now in Collection .....

I opened the wireless account in July 2000. Never got a statement and it was impossible to keep track how many minutes I have used. (call log feature on phone wasn't update monthly either) I called them and customer rep said they received overwelming demand for their phones so now their billing is a bit behind. Finally, in November I received my first statement --billed from July through September.

Okay that was fine at least I thought I would know how I'm doing with my monthly calls. Same thing happened! Second statement arrived about 3 months later, February 2001. After that the statements came every month followed by 3 statements per day totaled to around $300. I'm sure those who used their service can understand the frustration. To make long story short, after first year agreement ends I discontinued my business with them.

My last statement from them was dated November 2001 for the period of September 2001 with a credit of $42.14. I called to get a refund check and the rep said I'll received it within 90 days! I didn't get my check so in January 2002 I called. They said I owe them around $150! I said send me the statments because according to mine it shows a credit. I received nothing until today, August 29, 2002, a letter came from a collection agency telling me to pay back $151.27. So I guess it'll go to my credit report next? I can't believe what has happened.

HW
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2002 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldcom-wireless/nationwide/worldcom-wireless-is-a-ripoff-billing-system-problems-nederland-texas-28452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content