Complaint Review: Worldwide Rebates

• Reported By: Anonymous Oregon
  • Worldwide Rebates
    P.O. Box 129331
    San Diego, California

I am a very detailed person. I check things several times just to make sure I am doing things right and have everything included; checked off the list. Before mailing any rebate. I make sure to scan everything (including the envelope) related to my rebate. I have never had a probably with a rebate company and I have sent in documentation for rebate requests on over 20 rebates in the past year.

My issue with Worldwide Rebates is that they "conveniently" lost the software upgrade proof documentation. They had a scanned pdf for me to see that showed everything (including envelope) that they had "supposedly" received. However, it was missing the approved documentations that proved I had previously owned another form of software that competed with this product's purpose/use.

I feel this is a scam because my friend and I had purchased the same product from the same place, same time (I even helped prepare his rebate since I was so successful in the past with mine, which means I have the scanned documentation as well). His proof of software upgrade was also "conveniently" not included in the envelope, according to their email informing him of the inability to process the upgrade rebate. This was the same email that I had received regarding my rebate.

I have tried to contact this Worldwide Rebate company at the 888# given to me by a representative from their company who replied back from my original concerned email to their customer service email address. When I try to talk to the Operator it starts to ring and then I get an error message that this call cannot be completed.

Oddly enough, this product had two different rebates one for the product and one upgrade rebate. The other rebate (not upgrade related) was processed in a timely manner and paid out. I have already received my check and so has my friend. We are just both frustrated with not being able to get proper customer service on the rebates that "supposedly" missing the proof of software upgrade. The automated solution given is that we could resubmit it with the missing documentation, but the documentation is no longer in our hands. It WAS sent.

Check out these other people encountering the same issue:

(((Redacted)))

Rebate Offer: GID-5043
Rebate Item : ID VAULT: STOP ONLINE IDENTITY THEFT AND FRAUD

4yourinfotoday
Anonymous, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2008 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldwide-rebates/san-diego-california-92112/worldwide-rebates-purposely-losing-portions-of-rebate-san-diego-california-346476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Second Attempt to Resolve

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

The complaints above cannot be researched and resolved without claim information. I am the customer service supervisor at Worldwide rebates. I would be glad to resolve any inquiries on claims filed with Worldwide rebates. We strive to provide world-class customer service. We are one of the few companies that offer our claimants the chance to resubmit their claims to be re-decisioned.

Please feel free to contact me at 800-286-9146. Or you can email our customer service staff at customerservice@help.worldwiderebates.com. Your email will be answered within 24-48 hours. Or email me directly at hope.wilkerson@worldwiderebates.com.

Direct Contact Information

AUTHOR: Hope - (U.S.A.)

I am the customer service supervisor for Worldwide Rebates. Since your claim was listed as "anonymous" I cannot research it. Please contact me directly so we can resolve this matter. My name is Hope Wilkerson. I can be reached at 954-573-6746. I am waiting to hear from you.

Worldwide Rebates Purposely losing portions of rebate San Diego California

AUTHOR: 4yourinfotoday - (U.S.A.)

Check out these other people encountering the same issue: Complaints Board website (this site doesn't allow weblinks, so google it)

Rebate Offer: GID-5043 Rebate Item : ID VAULT: STOP ONLINE IDENTITY THEFT AND FRAUD