Complaint Review: WowWee robotics

• Reported By: Garould — Lexington Kentucky USA
  • WowWee robotics

Internet
    United States of America

WowWee robotics I colect toy robots and I bought a ROBOSAPIEN V2 THATS VERSION 2 at a radio shack in goshen Indiana it worked for about 1 hour and then shorted out Ipayed close to $300.00 for this item 8091 it's seri, Internet

I bought A robosapien V2 robot brand new, paid close to $300.00 for this toy, got less than one hour of use out of this toy before it shorted out, it's brand knew!just out of the box serial# 17406WS from inside right foot battery compartment item # 8091 this is a very expensive toy to only work for one hour. I went too www.WowWee.com and the WowWee consumer help site, sent a letter and they told me to take it back to the store. but receipt is so faded it can't be read and this toy has been discontinued at these stores radio shack. this toy has only reasantly been unboxed it was only ever in my car on the ride home, and on a shelf in a it's box. these toy's were manufactured with faulty wires..

I researched youtube and found identical complaints by people who were experienced enough to take one apart, their findings are wires with dry rotted insulation BARE WIRES causing shorts and extreamly hot batteries WowWee's FACEBOOK PAGE BLOCKED my creative Informative. [continued below]....
.....Email blogs LOL and robo community chat page don't like the energy I'm Displaying so they blocked me compleatly, LOL THESE Pirate's are making off with hundreds of consumer dollars...I speak for many collectors when I say WE WANT NEW ROBOTS to replace the JUNK THAT WAS SOLD TO US...We AS collector's should be able to have these toy's without unboxing them setting on our display shelves and be confident when we insert batteries that THEY WILL WORK...and not short out get hot and possibly burn a hole in our carpet...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2010 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wowwee-robotics/internet/wowwee-robotics-i-colect-toy-robots-and-i-bought-a-robosapien-v2-thats-version-2-at-a-radi-560450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content