Complaint Review: Www.frontgate.com

• Reported By: south jordan Utah
  • Www.frontgate.com
    www.frontgate.com
    Internet

Www.frontgate.com False pictures and descriptions, deceptive tactics to get my money Costomer Service: California.. Internet

*Author of original report: RESOLVED

I was looking for a specific Panisonic phone. I wanted a good deal, Frontgate had the phone and expandable camera phone for a few dollars less than another site I found. (which I later verified included everything listed). So I ordered it. They had a picture of the base phone along with the camera, and listed it as the expandable base and camera. After I purchased it, my confirmation only said it had the camera phone. So I wrote the costomer service an email stating that if it is only the camera and not with the base phone I dont want it and will want a refund and will also feel deceived... they wrote back: It is just the camera phone. It's going to ship out today, hurry if you want a refund you will have to call us. I called them and they said there is nothing I could do because it was already shipped. Even after I told them I wanted a refund and they knew it wasn't what I wanted. Even if I refuse the package they wont give me the shipping back. I'm just really ticked because the deal on the other lagitamate web site is now sold out! And they took off the listing so I have no proof. I should have taken a screen shot, but how was I supposed to know these guys were crooks? I only found one bad thing on them, and it happened to me.

Aaron
south jordan, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2008 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wwwfrontgatecom/internet/wwwfrontgatecom-false-pictures-and-descriptions-deceptive-tactics-to-get-my-money-costo-398234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

So, they emailed me after I made it clear how dissatisfied I was..they apologized and refunded the cost of everything plus shipping to my card. I I am no longer one of their dissatisfied customers. It took a few tries, but I think every company has a few duds working for them. The website just needs to be updated, the page is no longer listed and everything is good. I am happy with the end result. I think they figured saving face is worth the trouble. I would consider them for a future purchase. I think overall they do try to make customers happy. So, that's my story with them. If you have problems with them, they'll resolve them.