Report: #496642

Complaint Review: Xlibris Corporation

  • Submitted: Thu, September 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 23, 2010
  • Reported By: TONIA S. ROBINSON — MILWAUKEE Wisconsin USA
  • Xlibris Corporation
    WWW.XLIBRIS.COM
    Internet
    United States of America

Xlibris Corporation WRITE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY I SENT IN MY MANUSCRIPT AFTER I PAID $500 FOR MY BOOK AND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY RETURN ON MY MONEY OR EVEN SOLD A BOOK. Internet

*General Comment: Xlibris is wonderful - Here are the Facts

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I SENT IN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET MY BOOK PUBLISHED AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ROYALTIES OR HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY AFTER MY MANUSCRIPT WAS SUPPOSEDLY "PUBLISHED".  THIS SELF PUBLISHING SCAM IS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE I PUT MY TRUST AND HOPE AS WELL AS MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS OUT THERE FOR THE WORLD TO VIEW.
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/xlibris-corporation/internet/xlibris-corporation-write-your-own-success-story-i-sent-in-my-manuscript-after-i-paid-500-496642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals

REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Xlibris is wonderful - Here are the Facts

AUTHOR: Rev Daniel Baxter - (United States of America)

I am publishing a book with Xlibris and I must say I have never received better customer service.  They are excellent.  As for number of books sold.  I believe that has no bearing on the Print On Demand publisher.  They only put a book into print.  If you payed extra for their marketing you might do better.  The fact is that traditional publishers make all their money off of only 5% of the books they publish.  The other 95% take a loss.  This is no different with Xlibris or any print on demand publisher.  Traditional publishers take the time to review books before approving their production.  They only take the ones that they think will do well and they have a 95% failure rate. 

POD publishers will publish almost any book presented.  To think that success rate of a POD publisher would be better than that of a traditional publisher is false logic.  You are probably just one of the 95%.  So don't feel bad.  Never try to publish a book expecting to get rich.  Count yourself lucky if you do because then you will have made it into the 5%.  Much depends on your personal writing style and whether, you as the author, have experience with words and writing.  Readers can easily determine if the book is less than a class a production within the first few pages. 

Xlibris is wonderful company and I absolutely love working with my author representative Rey Soriano.  Xlibris also will provide you sales reports so you can see if your book is selling.  Go to amazon and see if your book is available.  If it is, of which I am sure, look and see how many reviews you have.  If you have tons of reviews, which I doubt, you will then know you are owed money.  However, if there are no reviews then you know it is not a scam for them publish the book you give them, which is not a powerful seller.  I am trying to put this as nice as I can and I hope you take no offense.  Better luck with your next book.

Sincerely
Daniel Baxter
Baxter Apologetic Ministry
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.