Complaint Review: xlibris

• Reported By: Lisa Quain — Bethania
  • xlibris

Internet
    Philippines

xlibris xlibris australia continually called me with high pressure sales for them to market and promote my book, I told them I had not money, and was promised they would make sure I got a good income from book sales, as they would work very hard as they get some of each sale. They have refused to give me a full and proper account of what I paid for, and not done a single thing in return.  Internet

*Consumer Comment: I think you skipped part of your story.

About 3 years ago I started getting calls from Xlibris Australia, with high pressure sales for them to market and promote my already full published book that I aslo had ISBN number for, promising me I would make a good income from my book. The sales person saw my book on my website and told me it would be a very good seller and they could make a lot of money for me, as they got some of each sale, they would work very hard from me.

I kept telling the lady, Christel Rojo that I could not afford it, she advised me that if I get a bank loan, the income they would make for me would pay for it.

The bank refused the loan. When I told Christel this she said the sooner I could pay for the marketing and promotion package, the sooner I would be making good money.

I sold my car and moved to tempoary accommodation to pay for Xlibris to promote and sell my book.

As soon as they recieved the last payment, they refused to reply to emails, I searched the internet daily and never ever found my book marketed, promoted or advertised.

The sales lady and company were told a great many times before I paid the money, that I did not need publishing as my book was fully published already.

Xlibris refuse to give me a full and proper detailed account of what the money was paid for, other than 'publishing package" which I did not need, all I wanted and needed was marketing and promotion.

Everyone I have spoken to from Xlibris since they got my money has told me huge lies.

This company preys upon people who can least afford to lose money, and they have no morals or ethics.

This campany needs to be stopped as the lies they tell to get you sucked in are very convincing, and they do not provide any of the services they pretend they do.

Please warn other writers, as this comapny is extremely good at telling lies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/xlibris/internet/xlibris-xlibris-australia-continually-called-me-with-high-pressure-sales-for-them-to-mark-1133579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I think you skipped part of your story.

AUTHOR: This Is My Display Name - ()

You neglected to mention the part where they kidnapped everyone you love and held them hostage until you paid them.

I know they did that, because I can't think of another reason that a person would try to take out a bank loan (and proceed to sell their car and move when said loan was denied) to pay for services that they couldn't afford and admittedly didn't want or need based on the sales pitch from a stranger that could've otherwise been dealt with by hanging up a telephone and clicking "Report as Spam" on emails.

I think the saddest part is that it takes a considerable amount of time to request a loan, get rejected for that loan, sell a car, and move, and yet, at no point during any of that did you realize "Hey, I want my car and I want to live here. I don't want this service's help. Why am I trading something I want and need for something I don't?"

Not to mention that marketing and advertising=/=sales. They could advertise the heck out of you and earn the money you sent them, but that doesn't mean you'll actually make money. I get the feeling you'd still be here complaining if they did everything they were paid to do and you didn't make a cent.