Complaint Review: Yecup

• Reported By: chander — marion Ohio USA
  • Yecup

Nationwide
    USA

I pledged on indiegogo on may 2016 for this cup that maintains the tempraof the liquid. It arrived and was not doing Its job effectively emailed the company and had several emails exchanges within few day it completestopped working emailed them back with Pictures. The company refused to exchange return or repair the product

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2017 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yecup/nationwide/yecup-defective-product-refuse-to-repair-exchange-or-refund-internet-1392909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Re:Yecup Defect

AUTHOR: Goenham - (USA)

To be fair to Yecup/YE US, Inc., Please disregard my original comment. Their CEO reached out to me and did make things right. Everything was a misunderstanding and all parties have come to an agreement and I'd like to personally apologize to Mr. Vigen for harming his company name. I did try to have my comments removed but failed to adhere to ripoff report policy, comments aren't removable. Mr. Vigen made the situation correct and has vowed to work with me in the matter. So, for any company CEO who comes to address issues at hand, it speaks volume of their Brand and I can appreciate that. So, before others read the original author post and my follow-up comment and start to compare and contrast their issue/s, if any, before you further harm the name Yecup, let's be fair, now that I have a better understanding of the matter and give them a chance to make your own unique issue right. Thanks for your time and understanding.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The real story.

AUTHOR: VigenSanahyan - (Armenia)

Hi Chander,

First of all we want to say that your complaint here is unfair.

You paid 119$ for early bird cup and got

1. Free Wireless charger (25$)

2.Free Rainproof bag (15$)

3. Free express shipping (20$ to USA)

4. Free engraving (your perk was without engraving)

You have got your item on July 20 here's proof  http://www.dhl.ru/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=5846608515&brand=DHL and used it almost for a month. After a month of usage you sent us email that item is deffective , obviously you would send us email regarding defective unit at first day when you have received it.

Secondly you knew that it's a crowdfunding project and it contains risk, it's not a purchase and we have never mentioned on our page that we have warranty . Altough in such cases* ( about 10 deffective products so far) we offered exchange or repair service for free. We have sent you an email with instructions on how to fix it on August 9 and you decided to post your story here. We belive that this complaint is totally unfair and missleading we had about 10 deffective products out of 900 shipped and we have fixed all the issues whether it was replacement,refund or repair.You could contact us to resolve your problem but you have decided to post it here and harm our startup reputation. As a CEO I can tell you that we're proud of our product, we managed to manufacture and ship it with super limited budget and team of 4. Other Indiegogo project like Jibo raised 20M$ and never shipped any item for 3+ years (obviolusly they will never ship) and funny thing is that such companies don't have any review here.

That's all I have to share right now.

Take care,

Vigen Sanahyan/CEO

Refund

AUTHOR: - ()

Thanks to you company has issued me full refund for their non functioning defective product

Yecup Defect

AUTHOR: Goenham - (USA)

I too am a victum of YE US, Inc. who I invested with back in April 2016. Finally received my Yecup, only to find that it was very loud as if wire/s were caught in fan. After contacting them via the Indiegogo comments forum of thier page, I was directed to send them a video to contact@yecup.org. They confirmed in email that it was the actual wire but that at the time they had (1) other case. They did offer to exchange it and to send to an address they gave at my expense to Delaware. After I gave my concern since they acknowledged defect and that they'd replace, why not send me a prepaid postage label for return. They replied to send to that address and not to be annoyed and that they'd take care of shipping. Yet, they never sent label for return.

I finally had enough - contacted local attorney here that deals with defective products and was then referred to the states Bar Association who then directed me to file complaint with Delaware Attorney General. If you really want to help others as well as myself, to make Delaware AG Office aware there's a real issue going on and needs attention, everyone, I mean everyone, go to http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/complaint/ and print off complaint form. Follow the directions and submit everything helpful to your own case. I converted everything I had into .PDF file and sent everything via email. I had to split my email into (3) because their system will kick it back saying inbox is full/email over limit.

My first contained complaint form completely filled out, receipts, along with July/August comments from one week ago as that's when I encountered my issue. I sent the entire Update posting as well because they (Yecup) falsly claimed they cancelled engraving within comments and they did not. what they actually quoted was this very quote 1 month ago, "We'll terminate engraving process if this situation with unclaimed packages will not be solved, because personalised product can't be used for other customer. Yecup team." Which to me doesn't make any sense considering they meet their funding goal. Those people who didn't claim their packages, still paid. So in a factual sense, there was little lost and if so, you reach out to those customers to then maybe charge them to resend it out or just resend upon confirmation to resend.

I sent same 10 second video .mp4 clip showing noise as well another email showing all pictures of Yecup. They (YE US, Inc.) made everyone feel like this was going to be a valued product  and even initial customer responses were helpful. Now, it seems they just want this matter over and moving on to a newer replacement for this one, they're already speaking of and will offer us discounts. We don't want to pay for a better newer one. We want the current defects fixed and replaced at your cost, for what we paid for that turns out to be false advertised. Many received defective products, wrong products with orange lids and army green bags instead of black. Yet, not once did they make an official announcement appologizing for the numerous mishap and defect. All they will reply to is their unit works fine or the wrongly shipped items were manufactoring fault. They take no responsibility. One user even stated theirs makes a noise while charging. Many complaints about temperature being cooled as they advertised it would and doesn't but now their excuse is it depends on climate. YE US, Inc founder, Vigen Sanahyan is also the person you will send your defective item to. My concern even if they say send it at my/your expense, where's the proper RMA? To show proof I returned it, I then have to pay more for delivery confirmation. If anyone does find themseles paying yourself, cover all basis and make sure you get delivery confirmation but I won't pay to turn something they acknowledged was defective. Send for your product as you already stated you'd pay and just be transparent and forthcoming.

Lastly, Better Business Bureau doesn't have any record of YE US, Inc. or Yecup, but that's their name and they're doing business in Delaware. So, you file your complaint with Delaware Attorney General. I've dealt with AG's before and I assure you, you will get a response and they do hold companies accountable upon you proving your case. I hope this helps all!