Complaint Review: Yelp

140 New Montgomery St
    San Francisco, California
    USA

Yelp Greedy Ad-Scammers San Francisco California

I signed up with Yelp, to "Claim My Business." Thought it would be a good idea, to try and, in part, help bring interest to my business, locally.

There was also a FREE $300 credit, to help promote my business. Cool. I figured that would help generate interest in my new business.

Some months later, not only did it not generate any new business or leads, I'm getting BILLED for $200! No prior notice that my $300 credit was used, and that I would be billed, just bam! Hit with about $200 bill! And for a small start up, $200 is a lot!

I contacted them, to have it canceled, and they INSISTED that they get to keep their money, due to their BFS TOS, but admitted that they didn't send out any notice that the FREE trial would end, and that I'd be billed. This was last month!

This month, after sending them a full capped and bolded email to cancel, they are STILL insisting that I need to pay them almost another $100, after I canceled, saying it's pro-rated! If I got no notice prior to suddenly having almost $200 taken out of my Pay Pal account, I would not have known that this was ongoing! I am NOT paying this additional EXTORITION money, when I was never even informed the FREE TRIAL ended!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2017 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yelp/san-francisco-california-94105/yelp-greedy-ad-scammers-san-francisco-california-1391585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content