Complaint Review: YOUR AMERICAN GRANT

• Reported By: Virginia Beach Virginia
  • YOUR AMERICAN GRANT

Nationwide

YOUR AMERICAN GRANT DECEITFUL COMPANY Nationwide

*Author of original report: Refund of unauthorized amount

I believed that I was only going to have to pay a one time instant access fee of $1.95 but found out otherwise a few days later. I was checking y account online and noticed that $58.61 was on hold within my account. I immediately contacted my bank but was told that I had to wait until the money was actually taken out before filing an unauthorized transaction.

I waited until the $58.61 was actually taken out and called the bank again. I got the company's number and called to dispute it and was given a bogus response. I once more called the bank and was told that I needed to get a cancellation number in order to dispute the transaction. So I called back the company and to my amazement they had already done the cancelling for me once they found out I was on to them.

To make a long story short the bank basically told me they cannot dispute it because such companies normally charge between $1.95 to $6 contingent on a subscription but I had them cancel my check card and issue a new card to me. I am livid. I don't understand why enough isn't done to protect consumers against this kind of fradulent companies. I am a mother of two with no solid income. All I wanted was to help my finance find some grants to help out our current situation and I get scammed.

I can't even find the companies information and when I ordered the information for $1.95 I saw nowhere that it said anything about a subscription in the amount of $58.61 and cancelling after 7 days. I am so disappointed and I will do whatever I need to do to get this company out of business so that this does not happen to others.

Jllbean
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/your-american-grant/nationwide/your-american-grant-deceitful-company-nationwide-425004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Refund of unauthorized amount

AUTHOR: Jllbean - (U.S.A.)

I was checking my account earlier and found that the amount of $58.61 was deposited into my account. I was excited. I am not sure why Your American Grant decided to refund me the money that they happened to take out without my authorization but I thank God. I guess they finally got the message.