Complaint Review: Yugster

• Reported By: Dr. J. — York Pennsylvania USA
  • Yugster

Internet
    USA

Yugster Bought Dell laptop that is JUNK; contacted Yugster immediately upon receipt, but they refuse refund!!! Salt Lake City, Utah Internet

I purchased a Dell netbook right before Christmas as a present to myself.  I could not believe I bought it for less than $100 on Yugster--what a deal (I had thought!).

Unfortunately, I was hospitalized over Christmas for a serious infection.  I did not get out of the hospital until the first week of January.  As soon as I arrived home, I received my mail and packages from a family member who had been keeping them for me.  I was excited to use the new computer and opened it first!  How disappointed I was when it barely turned on and loaded but would not load any web pages.  Yes, my internet at my house, my parents’ house where I also tried it, etc. are fine.  Our phones and other devices work just fine at my house and my folks’; it was the laptop!

I contacted Yugster immediately!  I tried their phone first.  Of course no one was in the office despite me calling 4 times that day DURING THEIR POSTED AVAILAVBLE hours of customer service! So I emailed them and even offered to show them my medical documentation showing that I had been in the hospital.  Like many other posters have indicated, it took several days for them to return my email despite me contacting them originally on a Monday.  When I did receive a reply, I was told it was too late because it had been longer than 14 days since I had received the item.

Well, first, the website says the contact must be within 21 days of placing the order.  So the customer service agent did not even know her company's written-on-the-web policy.  Second, I had only received it a day earlier because I had been in the hospital.  Now, that might seem like splitting hairs, but she and others who kept answering me when I sent in the same complaint, kept using the phrase, "received within 14 days."  But regardless of the fact that the customer service representatives are incompetent and definitely do not know their own policies, I HAD ADHERED to the written policy of filing the complaint within 21 days of placing the order.

It has been several months, and this company refuses to honor their policy.  Buyers--stay away from Yugster!!!  I had purchased some items from Yugster a few years ago and not once but several times.  I always felt like I was getting a good deal.  And even the shipping time several years ago was not bad.  After this experience, I will never EVER buy from them again.  In fact, I am hoping with enough complaints that the site will get shut down.  This company is dishonest and is ripping people off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2017 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/yugster/internet/yugster-bought-dell-laptop-that-is-junk-contacted-yugster-immediately-upon-receipt-but-1354540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content