Complaint Review: Zillow

• Reported By: Rscott — Perry Michigan USA
  • Zillow

Internet
    USA

This listing price is supported by a proffesional appraisal by a very reputable source. We believe our home has not sold because Zillow has priced it at a level they cannot justify, and people searching the web for listings do not realize the ignorance utilized by Zillow personnel. Not known. The company has 4 locations.

Zillow is advertising our home at a price significantly lower than the market value. If they have no facts to support their guess regarding the value of the property, they should be using the MLS listing price.

By guessing at a price, they are slandering our reputaction as sellers, and the reputation of our listing agents. Zillow has had over 1400 hits on their web-site regarding our home, yet we have had no inquiries, clearly because they have low-balled what they think the selling price should be.

We have a professional appraisal by a reputable company to support our selling price. Zillow is clearly guilty of interfering with a contract.  Where is the law firm out there willing to take this company on, and force them to compensate sellers who are unable to sell their property because Zillow is mis-leading prospective buyers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2015 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/zillow/internet/zillow-company-publicly-listing-our-home-at-52000-less-than-our-mls-listing-if-they-don-1253483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

3Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

GGrego

AUTHOR: - ()

Good  luck with your efforts. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of fixing up the foreclosure home we hoped would be our retirement home, as well as maintaining our much larger home that is currently listed, which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the kind of effort you are planning to undertake.  I am e-mailing another Realtor to research listing with them when our listing expires in May.  I will be letting them know that both our current listing agent and we believe Zillow has irreparabley damaged any chance we may have of selling our home.  One home or the other must be sold this year as we cannot afford to maintain two homes.  We already have 3 offers from people to buy the foreclosure we are fixing, so Zillow will not have the opportunity to ruin our chance of selling it, cause we will not have to list it with a Realtor to sell it. Keep me updated on your effort though.  I wish you the very best of luck.  I know there have to be thousands of homeowners out there with the same problem.  The appraiser we hired said nobody pays any attention to Zillow, especially when he has them enter their address in their system, and they see how low the "Zestimate" is for their own home, compared to the appraised value he assigns to it. But, I don't believe this to be true.  I also do not believe the majority of buyers use the information box about the Zestimate, because if they did they would see the flaws and outright lies Zillow lists about the homes on their web site.  There is a new web site called "Zurple" that I believe is associated with both Zillow and Trulia. Be wary of that one too.  I believe they started this new one because of the negative publicity associated with Trulia, as I have read a great many comments on the Trulia FB ads, and they are NOT GOOD. Not sure how they can say they are exercising their first amendment rights, when they are committing Libel, and get away with it.  I hope you are successful in your efforts as they may provide an answer to this vexing question.

Zillow incorrect estimation of home values

AUTHOR: GGrego - (USA)

Hi, I suggest contact Home sellers in your neighborhood ; and get everyone involved to  bring it to all the local TV stations' attention. I am going to call CBS to do the story. Zillow has gone too far and I am also going to home owners for sale in the 5 miles radius in Peoria AZ, to join me to protest against ZILLOW . When the media and attorney's see this, it will get our voice heard as ONE!! you can write me on my gmail. Not sure if it shows. I just don't want it blasted in this public site.

GG

AZ-Home seller

AUTHOR: - ()

No we have not sold our home, and Zillow is still showing incorrect information, like that our property was last sold in 2009. ( This was a vacant 2 1/2 acre lot north of our property ) Our Assessed value went up 10,000.00 this year so our selling price should actually be higher now, we will be re- listing in May, but not sure whether we will be able to raise the sale price, because Zillow has already done irreparable damage concerning the homes value. Good luck to you selling your house, and if you can get their attention, national television would be a great way to bring this issue to the attention of the country.

Zillow incorrect estimation of home values

AUTHOR: GGrego - (USA)

I just found your complaint. Did you ever sell your house? It shows you posted this Sept 2015. I posted a complaint about Zillow 2 days ago. They are hurting our chances of selling our home in Peoria AZ. They devalued our home twice in 2 months and we can't sell based on their incorrect estimation as they are comparing homes outside our community that are older.

Please read my comment on that posting and give your response. I am considering reaching out to CBS news to do a story for all the sellers who have lost and are going to lose money due to ZILLOW inaccurate estimation.

Someone made a good comment that we as "HOMEOWNERS" should have the option to "OPT out on ZESTIMATE" as we have the option to "OPT out in telemarketers". The law needs to make mandatory changes to protect our hard earned money / investments.

Even though our realtor says an experienced Realtor will not go by ZILLOW. Consumers do read their reports and rely on that when making offers. They over valued our neighbors' home next door that sold in Oct 2014 for $318 to $324K and ours under $318K. We have more upgrades and larger sq ft than theirs.  Zillow is not an appraiser and only spams off from various websites. I just can't understand how they can get away with this. The law has to change!!

zillow complaint

AUTHOR: - ()

It is not exrevising your first amendment right when you price a home based on whatever public information is available. There is and has been a formula utilized by Realtors to list and sell homes. It is, however interfering with the execution of a legal contract when someone guesses what a home should sell for, instead of letting a certified appraiser determiine the worth of the property. It is also Slandering the reputation of the party selling the home, since they give the buying public the impression the seller is trying to over-charge the buying public.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Time Zillow was Regulated to protect Homeowners from erroneous Zestimates

AUTHOR: Surbiton - (Fairness)

When 17% of Zillows 110 million Zestimates are over 25% inaccurate it is an outrage that they refuse all homeowner requests to correct or delete the erroneous valuation. As they have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to act in a fair minded way towards homeowners it is time that some form of Regulation was introduced to protect homeowners from misery and potential financial damage as without any doubt inaccurate Zestimates influence buyers.

At the very least homeowners should have the option to opt of of Zillows nonsense by registering with a DoNotZestimate webiste in the same way as Phone users can opt out of unwanted spam calls by registering with DoNotCall.

When Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff claims a First Amendment Right to impose inaccurate Zestimates it is a blatant infringement of the intentions of the Founding Fathers, and time it was tested in court by an ambitious Attorney wanting to make a name (and lots of money) for themself in the process.