Complaint Review: ZUMM Everything Android

• ZUMM Everything Android
    136 Heber Ave
    Park City, Utah
    USA

I went shopping at the Salt Lake south town mall to get something for my nephew. When I saw the Zumm store I thought it looked so neat with the lights. I started talking with a salesman there, his name was Patrick. He started telling me about the ZUMM Box they sold. It sounded like a great idea.

He also showed me how it worked on the television screen they had there. It looked like a great gift for my nephew. They had a 2 for 1 special going so I bought 2 boxes and took them home.

When I got home and plugged in my Zummbox I found neither one of them worked. Both boxes froze when I plugged them into the tv! I thought I did something wrong so I had my next door neighbor come over and look at it to make sure I installed everything right.

When he came over he told me both of them were "fried", whatever that means. What he also told me was that they are illegal!!! They are arresting people in Europe who own boxes like this!! I couldn't believe it! How could the mall in Salt Lake be selling something that is illegal?? Don't they protect the consumer from stores like ZUMM from selling something illegal? I was shocked. [continued below]....

.....

Not only was are they broken but they are also illegal?!!

After learning this news my husband did a little research on this company. I told my husband that Patrick said they sold 10,000 boxes over Christmas and that they had stores in Texas and in downtown Salt Lake. So, I checked with the downtown mall in Salt Lake and there is no store! So then I called Texas and there was no store there either! These guys are not only selling illegal stuff but they are also liars!

I would go back and return this stuff but I'm afraid what they might do to me.

BUYER BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2017 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/zumm-everything-android/park-city-utah-84060/zumm-everything-android-zummbox-illegal-products-that-dont-work-salt-lake-city-utah-1358483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
3Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Even better

AUTHOR: Nate - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for making it clear that you said "salt lake south town mall."  That makes your report 100% fake.  There is no such thing as salt lake south town mall.  It is South Towne Mall in Sandy.  Nobody in Utah would call it salt lake south town mall.  Your arguing with me is making your story unravel even more.

Never said Salt Lake City

AUTHOR: - ()

Unsure why you are commenting here if you know nothing of the company or products. Why do you care?

If geographical mapping are your specialty and your attention to detail is so impeccable, you clearly would have noticed that I did not write Salt Lake City, I wrote Salt Lake South Towne Mall.

It doesn't matter anyway because the company is no longer at the mall from what I've been told.

Seems fake to me too

AUTHOR: Nate - (U.S.A.)

I know nothing about this company or their products and I am not affiliated with them.  However, I can safely tell you that everyone from Utah knows that the South Towne Mall is located in Sandy City, not Salt Lake City.  So, this is most likely a fake report.

Works Great

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

My family and I purchased two of the boxes when Zumm came to Phoenix, Arizona and an addition four more since.  I have one on every TV in my house and one I travel with.  I recomend the Air Mouse they offer as an option, as the included remote is not great.

I had one box that failed to load the OS after 15 months, Robert and his staff replaced the box, no questions asked.

I am so happy and impressed, that I recomend these boxes to family and friends.  My mom bought one, then an additional two more once she got used to it.  I am looking forward to the next hardware version I was told about in December 2016.

To the person claiming they are illegal... NOT So, it is a computer if you use illegal software or download movies and shows vs streaming, thats on you, not the hardware manufacturer.  I use 100% legal applications for Android & there are millions of them available.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fictitious Customer Report

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Dear Jessica. If that is your real name. We do not have a Jessica in our system who has purchased two boxes during our Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotion. However, if you are a real person and ZUMM Customer, we would like to offer some assistance to you in this matter.

Our product has an unconditional satisfaction guarantee. We have sold thousands of ZUMMBOX products over the past 4 years and we have never had a disgruntled or unsatisfied customer. We also provide a 2-year Warranty. Both our satisfaction guarantee and Warranty are published on our website, in our materials and on the packaging of ZUMMBOX.

For the record. Contrary to the statement from your fictitious neighbor ZUMMBOX is not an illegal product. ZUMMBOX is completely 100% legal. As to your question, “Don't they protect the consumer from stores like ZUMM from selling something illegal?” They do. It’s called The Better Business Bureau which we have been a member in good standing of for a long time.

Please feel free to contact ZUMM at 801-674-2628. We would like to offer you some assistance with a refund and or replacement of your product pursuant to our Warranty and Customer Satisfaction guarantee.

You are obviously a fictitious individual who is creating a smear campaign against our company for your own personal or financial gain. If you are a legitimate customer of ZUMM, please respond and state your name and who you are. Provide some proof that you are a customer of ZUMM and provide proof that have made a purchase of the ZUMMBOX products you state you are having difficulty with. We will be happy to assist you with your issues.