Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Support | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Advanced Tech Support team can confidently handle myriad of computer problems that home users, small businesses face on a daily basis. Advanced Tech Support with over decade of experience in security software marketplace.

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 04, 2014

• Reported By: GeoffreyD — Los Angeles California
Internet USA

Advanced Tech Support REVIEW: Customer Satisfaction Commitment: Advanced Tech Support commited to customer satisfaction. Advanced Tech Support willing to change quickly when new ways to improve business & customer experience. Advanced Tech Support implemented more strategic changes, effectively helping customers.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service – Advanced Tech Support pledges to always resolve issues. Feel safe, confident, & secure when doing business with Advanced Tech Support, recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Advanced Tech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Advanced Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Advanced Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

The principals at Advanced Tech Support all agree and work off of the same common goal, "our customers are number one to our business. [continued below]....
..... Without them we wouldn’t have a business. We take pride in separating ourselves from the pack especially within the remote technical support business. Overlooking your customers could be a costly mistake, and that’s one we aren’t willing to do.

Years of experience has taught us some simple lessons that most in our industry overlook. If you want to find answers on what changes need to be made you just need to listen to your customers. We have made some significant changes to our business based off of what our customer’s feedback was. In the end we became a stronger more complete company.

Our goals are simple we try and treat every customer like they are part of our family, because in the end they are what drives our business. Advanced Tech Support is very serious about customer satisfaction and we will do whatever it takes to make our customers happy.”

Advanced Tech Support is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Justin Wright during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Advanced Tech Support.

Advanced Tech Support is a virtual tech support company, specializing in helping customers with computer issues remotely, so the customer can get help from home. “We are a virtual Geek Squad. The customer can have any problem with their computer corrected at their home remotely from Advanced Tech Support’s office,” explains Justin Wright, a representative of the company. Leads are typically acquired through partnerships that Advanced Tech Support establishes with software companies. “Advanced Tech puts their phone number into software that is failing on the computer to steer the customer to Advanced Tech for help. The customer calls in to Advanced Tech and they run a brief diagnostic program on the computer to find what is causing the problem,” states Mr. Wright.

A typical sales/service process at Advanced Tech begins with the potential customer calling in to Advanced Tech with a computer problem. At that point, Advanced Tech runs their diagnostic program to determine the problem and fix it remotely. The customer is then offered a 1 or 3-year warranty service plan for the computer. Then, depending on the severity of the computer problem, the customer is notified that the problem has been fixed. The time frame for finding a solution to the problem varies depending on what type of problem the customer is experiencing. Mr. Wright states that it could take from hours to days to correct the problem.

ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT CUSTOMER SUPPORT & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION

At times, a customer may feel unsatisfied with the product or services they received. An example of this at Advanced Tech Support is “when a customer thought that the service is supposed to do something that it cannot because the customer’s hardware is too outdated to run the software properly,” explains Mr. Wright. However, he states that this is not a common complaint. “We take over 3000 calls a day asking for service. It is a small percentage based on the total number of calls that are taken each day,” he states. If the team at Advanced Tech support is unable to help the customer initially, the customer will be sent to a more advanced technician to try and resolve the problem. At that point, if the customer is still unhappy and the issue is still unresolved, they are offered a full refund, no questions asked. Once the customers are granted a refund, they are generally satisfied and the issue is considered resolved. After the issue is resolved, either by a refund or by Advanced Tech fixing the problem, there is no follow-up procedure unless the customer specifically requested that they receive a follow-up phone call. In response to complaints posted on Ripoff Report, Mr. Wright states that “Many of the people on that report have already received refunds from Advanced Tech. Many were posted before the customer had received their refunds.”

During the service process, Advanced Tech takes steps to ensure the customer’s information is not lost or erased from their computer. “We set a restore point on the machine so if anything does not work properly, we can go back in time and reset the computer to an earlier time to restore the data. Our company also offers back-up programs that can be purchased to save the data,” explains Mr. Wright. Additionally, to ensure the quality of their work, all technicians at Advanced Tech are Microsoft certified, PCI compliant, and Trustee certified. They have also received thousands of independent reviews that are certified. Since receiving complaints on Ripoff Report, Mr. Wright states that “the company has evolved in the last 3 years from doing the best job that is possible. Steps have been taken such as quality assurance and certifying all technicians, training, and retraining. We are constantly evolving in all of our departments.”

Mr. Wright and the team at Advanced Tech recognize the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. Mr. Wright states, “It just verifies the company a step further. It supports the company further as being politically correct and justifies the company in investing in certification of employees and their continuing training. Advanced Tech is going to surround itself with successful companies and groups today and in the future. Complaints regardless of whether we think there warranty need to be addressed. Not only do they need special attention they need to be looked at as a learning tool in respects to what your company is doing correctly, but more importantly what you’re not doing right. We have put a more streamlined approach in place to handle and collect data on why the negative review happened. This way we can correct the issue from happening in the future.”

ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT / Statements from the owner

"Advanced Tech Support is totally committed to listening to our clients to ensure a better technical support company now and in the future. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is a refreshing change from other technical support companies.

We have spent countless hours trying create and fine tool the most effective customer experience they could provide for their customers. Employees are put through a rigorous training center, ATS University, keeps our skilled technicians proficient and ready to be on the front lines, troubleshooting complex computer issues with ease. In return this makes for a smoother more enjoyable process for our customers.

Knowledge is power and our founders try and continually teach our technicians more efficient ways to work, in return making our customers happy.”

Three Reasons Why More Than 20,000 Clients Have Chosen Advanced Tech Support

"No Hidden Fees

Unlike other companies, we won't blindside you with hidden fees. Our pricing plans are discussed up-front, so you know what you're paying and can make an informed decision.

Superior Support

Think of us as your own personal help desk-always available to provide friendly, thorough service. We have the tools and training to quickly diagnose and resolve any issue.

We will Make It Right

Modern technology threats have complicated computer troubleshooting, which is why you need a trusted partner. We'll work around the clock until your system is secure, stable, and running smoothly.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Advanced Tech Support Founders and many of their past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Advanced Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

--------------------------------

Advanced Tech Support Tyler Steve(Manager) www.fix22.com Extremely suspicious in all respects. Either just ripping people off OR totally criminal. Internet

I have been using SpamFighter for at least a couple of years, in conjunction with Mozilla Thunderbird Email.  It's very useful.

Spamfighter came up for license renewal a couple of days ago and I went through the process with them.

I succumbed to their suggestion to acquire DriverFighter along with the SpamFighter renewal at a "bargain" price for doing them both, together.

I downloaded DriverFighter and tried to install it.  The install failed, but apparently it partially (at least) installed and was capable of running and telling me I had 20 drivers needing updating. To proceed, I had to enter the license key, which I had received in an email from service@spamfighter.com, which looked genuine enough, EXCEPT for the following:

This email also stated that, "To activate the Product key, please call (888) 248-4794.  THIS SEEMED VERY STRANGE, as I have never (in literally 47 years of computer experience (working in IT, not just at home) come across such a weird and unnecessary requirement.

Instead of immediately calling the number, I tried copying and pasting the key (from the email I received) into the DriverFighter "Account" "Submit Product Key" box then clicking on the Submit button, then it told me, "There was an internal error activating this product key. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact Support."  In decades of PC and Mac and other computing with all sorts of occasional problems (we all have), I've NEVER come across a simple on-line license key registration issue!

I called the support number and the guy (Tyler) sounded like he's in a scammy boiler room, people yelling all over the place, and asking me "What's wrong with your computer?" and stupid questions that were clearly a come-on to buying something.  I assumed he wanted me to buy some more software products, but from the 10 other complaints about these folks I can see they wanted to scam me to PAY THEM TO TAKE OVER MY COMPUTER and royally screw it up to feed the scam even further if possible.

I spoke with Tyler's manager, Steve, who gave a glib explanation that sounded semi-legit, then went back to Tyler who took me to the next step.

Since Tyler wanted to connect to my computer (through fix22.com) to "help" me set the product key, I was extremely SUSPICIOUS, over and above the concerns I've just mentioned. The last thing I need is for some level-zero jerks to be rampaging round my nice hot Win 8 64-bit machine, wrecking everything and opening it up for exploitation by them and anyone else in their lousy business.

The last straw was that my BitDefender program - which I only bought a couple of months ago after doing oodles of research and deciding that it was a good and honest product - told me:

BITDEFENDER BLOCKED THIS PAGE. This page is blocked by BitDefender anti-malware filter. With a button to click on to TAKE ME BACK TO SAFETY.

This convinced me that I needed to stay away from these unprincipled turds and get my money back rather than get sucked into their game. They actually were polite about that and gave me a "Refund#" and the fighterhelp.com URL to use for that purpose. I guess they are semi-professional about ripping people off while appearing to be legitimate.

My big question is this - still to be pursued: HOW DID SPAMFIGHTER GET ALLIED WITH THESE BASTARDS, OR DID THE LATTER FOLKS PHISH MY EMAIL FROM SPAMFIGHTER, TO MAKE IT LOOK LEGIT BUT NOT?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Support/internet/Advanced-Tech-Support-Tyler-SteveManager-wwwfix22com-Extremely-suspicious-in-all-resp-1100810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Support

Advanced Tech Support

AUTHOR: Advanced Tech Support - ()

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of the recent complications that you have experienced.  Advanced Tech Support is dedicated to making our customers happy.  We would like to hear from you directly so we can correct any and all issues you are experiencing.

If a key doesn’t register you would be prompted to call for help.  This is extremely common and has been this way for some time in the software industry.  As you have never had this happen to you probably have never seen this.

We work on thousands of computers a day and we are by no means a scam.  We are not sure why you would be suspicious about your tech wanting to help you set your product key since the product key would not register as you stated, and you called us for help.  Remote technical service has been around for years.

For having 47 years of IT experience we find this weird that you are not familiar with remote technical service.

We would love to help you fix your issue or refund your purchase if anything was purchased with our company directly.

To contact one of our support agents please visit our contact page here: http://www.advancedtechsupport.com/contact-us.aspx

You can chat with a live chat support person from 8am to Midnight EST time 7 days a week.  If you like you can call us directly at 1-800-978-4501 24 x 7

Please have your email that was used or your order id handy.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmest regards,