X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ADT, SafeStreets USA - Oakland CA

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: lawners — San Francisco CA United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • ADT, SafeStreets USA Oakland, CA United States

ADT, SafeStreets USA fraudulent transaction perpetrated by home security company Oakland CA

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ADT Response

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I feel like I was totally scammed by this company. I would love to know how many others have been taken advantage of.

They financed a supposed "free installation" on a credit account that I was misled into signing. I was never offered the option to pay for $1,821 worth of "upgrades" with my own money. They never informed that I was responsible for so said  "upgrades". They never gave me documentation during the installation on the pricing. When I call customer service, I'm basically told it’s my word vs. theirs.

I electronically initialed documents I never had time to read on the installers ipad and on docusign. I thought I was signing off on a free installation, free equipment received, a city permit, and the monthly $45.99 fee for 2-year contract.

Of course, there is only a 3 day return policy. I received a mysterious credit card in the mail 2 weeks later. I tore it up and cancelled it thinking it was a clerical error. One week after the credit card arrived in the mail, the first bill came from Synchrony for $51. It’s 3 weeks now – no way to return the equipment. Now I'm locked into a 2-year contract with this company paying $96 monthly.

Boy, do I feel safe knowing perpetrators of fraud have got my back. The installer must get a commission or bonus to set up credit accounts. He was so sly about it, wording everything just ambiguously right. The customer service agent Kaitlyn said that by cancelling the credit card I somehow validated having knowledge of the loan. Mysterious logic indeed.

If this at all sounds familiar, please write a review - if this is company policy, it might be a means for a class action law suit. My installation took place on 9-4-21. Covid has made it easier for predatory entities to take advantage now that you initial and sign with a click. I still have no documentation on signing up for the credit account.

ADT was willing to offer me a free month of service ($46) to offset this debacle. If anything - please close the ridiculous credit aspect of this transaction. I'd rather pay out of pocket. Moreover, I'd rather this not happen to anyone else.

I feel so stupid for believing what the installer said to me. Right at the end of the installation he had me sign a document with the cost of the equipment. I asked him outright, "Wait this isn't a separate cost from what I pay for the monthly $47 service fee." He assured me I was just signing off on the price of the free equipment and installation and that it was included. Basically lying to me straight to my face. I wasn't left with any kind of receipt to examen afterwards. I figured it was like when you get a doctors bill and the insurance covers a portion and then you pay your co-pay and the price never adds up to the initial sum charged.

What a perfect scam and ironic to boot. You purchase a home security system for peace of mind, to protect you from thieves and criminals and then you find out - the people installing your system are the criminals. Everytime I talk with one of their agents I lose a night of sleep. It's really difficult to not get emotional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2021 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/adt-safestreets-usa/oakland-ca-fraudulent-home-1512711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ADT Response

AUTHOR: Andrew - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Hello. We are sorry to learn of this unacceptable situation and would be happy to assist you. Could you please email us with the full address and telephone number associated with your account along with a copy of the review to alwaysthere@adt.com. Thank you!

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair