X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: AL Citizen — Wetumpka AL United States
  • AMC Network 11 Penn Plz FL 21 New York, New York United States

AMC Network AMC Channel, AMC.com, AMC Premiere Service Cancelled promotional purchased product without prior request due to lax and questionable customer support decisions. New York New York

I signed up for AMC Premiere with a promotional price of $29.49 for annual yr of service. I contacted AMC customer support through email with questions about operability with an Online TV provider, They sent a couple of emails, saying it would be web based and I'd need to order through TV service at the monthly price. I made no decisions and to not cancel my promotion, never replied, figured I'd just use the web service with AMC app.

Next day I check email and discover around 11:59 last night "Agent" from email took it upon his-self to cancelled my newly purchased account. Not sure if he was "helping" or made cause I had audacity to ask questions. I never asked anyone to cancel anything, After the second email from AMC I never replied anything nor did "agent" ask me if I wanted to cancel, He just assumed to read my mind and do it for me.

I tried to sign up for yearly promo again and can't, that CSR had effectively killed my chance for that promotion. I'm outraged that AMC staff will make decisions on their own concerning customers services without any input from customer. Customer service at AMC is a joke, there is ZERO way to call them(I tried) and email is only option. They take FOREVER to get back to you about any issues. They are willing to bill for a service but want to ensure they keep themselves inaccessible via support, That's asking for a nightmare. I am currently waiting for them to responding concerning this issue.
Promo: https://www.amcpremiere.com/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=amc.com&utm_campaign=amc-premiere&utm_term=amc-upsell-bar

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2020 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/amc-network/new-york-channel-dotcom-prior-1495187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair