X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Amped Local Inc. DBA ampedlocal.com - San Diego CA

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Joan — Brooklyn New York United States
  • Amped Local Inc. DBA ampedlocal.com 1041 Market St Suite 364 San Diego, CA United States

Amped Local Inc. DBA ampedlocal.com Industry Marketing Academy, industrymarketingacademy.net, the douglasjames.com Douglas James, Amped Local Inc is a scam and I have paid them $1380 and they are expecting additional payments of $2760. San Diego CA

*Author of original report: Issue Has Been Fully Resolved...I Will Be Provided A Full Refund

*Consumer Comment: Get in touch with your credit card co now to cancel the service

This company uses high pressure, deceptive, sales techniques to take millions of dollars from uninformed vulnerable desperate people…They called me on the phone sent me to a bogus webinar and within 5 minutes of looking at the presentation they called me back presenting a contract and pressuring me into making a decision or else loose the $2000 discount. They promise support to help me make money…But the support is just access to their facebook page where a bot is suppose to response to inquiries but has given no support in the least..it has not responded to my request for help.

I informed the salesperson within 12 hours of signing their agreement that I wanted a refund because it is all a scam and according to both The FTC and New York State there is a 2 day cooling off period. They simply employed more deceptive pressure sales techniques and had a so call student  Facebook me with all kinds of claims of his success $10,000 success within 1 month.

He also promise he would help me I have not been able to contact him since.. and when I asked him questions after the so called Facebook encounter he cannot be reached. There is no way people are really making money from this scam other than the owner Douglas James and his sales personnel and they are making millions at the expense of elderly uninformed people.

I told them I was on a fixed income receiving on $3340 per money...They told me that I would be making money within a month and be able to pay off the balance and not encounter any additional business expense because I would be making money...business expenses costs an additional $300-$500 per month. I have informed them that I do not have the money to continue with this purchase and requested a refund which they have refused.

Amount Taken:

They have charged my credit card $1380 thus far and will debit an additional $1380 on April 2, 2020 and an additional $1380 May 2nd. for a total of $4140.

Remedy Request:

I am requesting the return of my money and no further charges to my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2019 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/amped-local-dba/san-diego-ca-dotcom-industry-1481883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Issue Has Been Fully Resolved...I Will Be Provided A Full Refund

AUTHOR: Joan - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I Will Be Provided A Full Refund. The Salesperson Responsible For The Misrepresentation Is In Remediation!

Get in touch with your credit card co now to cancel the service

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, March 11, 2020

You will need to contact your credit card co yourself.

Do it today. Cancel their service since they haven't provided you what you agreed to according to your post.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair