X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lois — New SMyrna Beach United States
  • AT&T 208 South Akard Street Dallas, TX United States

AT&T promised "Free" phones if we switched our service from Verizon. Nothing was Free - we were swindled Dallas TX

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Back in October 2019, I called AT&T regarding our Uverse account.  We had used them for TV for several years and were generally pleased.  At the time of my call, the service representative asked about our cell service.  We had been twenty-year customers of Verizon and had always had a good experience with them.  The Service agent said we could get "Free phones" if we switched our service to AT&T.  We have 3 phones in our service and she said each phone would be "free".  I said yes, that sounded like a good deal.

She tells me that we'll see some initial billing for the phones, but it will be reversed in 6 months and we'll receive credits. The nightmare begins.  The phones don't arrive for several weeks.  One of the phones is faulty.  There is difficulty changing over from the Verizon service.  Multiple calls are made to AT&T.  Each one over 1 hour in length, some over 2 hours, while they make you sit on hold.  Even asking to speak to supervisors doesn't help.  We're told to send back the faulty phone to be replaced.  That was in November or December of 2019.

Today it is June 2020.  Even after numerous calls, the phone that was to be "Replaced" never was, and my last call to them last week, the representative said it was a "buyer's remorse" return (which it never was) and after at least 8 separate phone calls regarding the missing phone, why would that only be discussed now.  In addition, we have been charged every month for the "free" $500 phones, and I was told on the last call that we were supposed to have sent our existing phones in to have gotten the free phones.  I ASKED when I made the switch if they wanted our current phones and was told "no" by the service rep.  This last call, the serivce rep then tried to say she might be able to give us some breaks on our TV service.  I said, that was not the deal.  It was never the deal.  I was told "FREE" phones.  This was a classic "Bait and Switch", and I am horrified that a large company like AT&T can get away with this.  We were good customers of Verizon.  I would tell anyone to not believe any promises from AT&T.  They are a scam company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2020 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/att/dallas-tx-promised-free-1496032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair