X  |  CLOSE

• Reported By: Greygoose — San Jose California United States
  • Bright Johnson Nigeria

Bright Johnson Fake ATM promise

*General Comment: Unbelievable

January 2020 received email from Bright Johnson ATM Director with GT Bank contacted me that I was beneficiary to Inheritance funds.  I replied not interested.  He assured me the funds were mine.

Over the Inths we also developed a good friendship. I paid into the ATM then April 4, 2020 he. I paid money for him to fly from Ghana to California.  Just when pandemic began Bright was supposedly in Mexico City....did not show up at Airport

Sent email, he was in Dallas and had virus, they were sending him to U.K. FIrst of S,l he. Ever would have gotten out of Mexico City with virus.  He lied April 6th send me email, he was in London Bridge Hospital, I asked if wanted a prayer minister to visit,  he said yes.  He was not at that hospital, they do not take Virus patients. He lied again.

June 20th I asked about the ATM card, first he told me the card was sent back to Nigeria.  Then tells me the card was stolen. He has stolen $6500 and said he would try to make repayment August 1st, now claims he has no money,  supposedly has a daughter living in Japan with her Aunt.

GT Bank said he was not part of their bank.  When I asked Bright about it I was told they did not know me.  He lied again.

<br

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2020 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/bright-johnson/fake-atm-promise-1497030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Unbelievable

AUTHOR: John - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, July 01, 2020

1. You get an obvious scam call, and you do the correct thing by saying "not interested."

2.  "Over the next months, we developed a good friendship."  Why did you continue talking?  How do you "develop a good friendshp" exclusively online with someone you don't know."

3.  You gave him money on April 4- but his first contact with you was in January, through an email.  So it took him less than four months to "develop a friendship" with you strong enough for you to send a total stranger money.  You are seriously stupid.

4.  He stole $6500 from you.  This total stranger you've never met but "developed a friendship with" over less than four months.  Yes, he did.  And you aren't getting it back.  BTW, the photos are pointless- they are just images stolen from Google.  They aren't him.  He (or she) is an anonymous person hiding behind fake images and a story only a desperately lonely idiot with money to burn would fall for.

Learn your lesson, move on.  I can't believe there are still people like you out there.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair