X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Seattle Shopper — Seattle WA United States
  • Cardataonline.com 8824 Morning Place Montgomery, Alabama United States

Cardataonline.com Charged $18.95/month when I only requested one $1 report Montgomery Alabama

*UPDATE Employee: cardataonline.com

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I requested a report from cardataonline.com for one car, for a $1 charge. They charged me the $1, but also started charging my card monthly for 18.95.

Today I contacted them after I found three monthly charges (should have caught it sooner, but you expect vendors to be honest). In chat their clerk said she deactivated my "account" and authorized a refund of one month's charge. I requested that all monthly charges be refunded but she declined. She wrote:

"On the page where you submit payment there is an option for an $18.95 upgrade, it could have accidentally been selected. I am sorry if there was any confusion. Please be assured, your account has been closed and refunded with $18.95 today. You will not be charged further."

I still want the other $37.90 refunded as I did not authorize those charges. When I found a prior report about them on this website, I realized that they have a pattern of adding false charges to unsuspecting customers' cards. I will never deal with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2021 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/cardataonlinedotcom/montgomery-alabama-charged-i-1503680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

cardataonline.com

AUTHOR: Karmen - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share how your experience with our company went. I am sorry it was not a great one for you. Please reach out to one of our friendly customer service agents 24/7 at 1-855-728-7404 or contact me directly at support@cardataonline.com for a full refund.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Karmen
CS Manager

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair