Complaint Review: Crockett Electric - Inglewood CA
- Crockett Electric 936 W. Manchester Blvd. Unit B Inglewood, CA United States
- Phone: 3103380546
- Category: Electrical Services
Crockett Electric Fraud, Negligence, Bait 'n Switch all rolled up in one! Inglewood CA
So much for supporting black owned businesses during the "BLM" movement. It cost me over $1,800.00 and I feel like I got robbed. I found Crockett Electric in the Apt. owners magazine. They should be banned from there.
James Crockett came to my property and seemed very cordial. He quoted me $1,805.00 to install 4- pathway lights, a timer on my courtyard twinkle lights, install 2- motion sensor lights on the bldg. overlooking the driveway, and 6 garage lights on a sensor. I provided all of the light fixtures.
THE 1ST RED FLAG was when he emailed me an invoice to pay 50% up front as per the contract. However, it was a trick invoice as once it got my credit card information, I WAS CHARGED 100% UP FRONT. THIS IS ILLEGAL. This was a week or two before he started the job. I asked him to return a 2nd time to do a walkthrough with me so he cold mark where each light fixture would go on the bldg. as I don't live there at the property.
Although he came a 2nd time just for that sole purpose, he never marked any spots, claiming he would be on the job site working. THAT WAS THE 2ND RED FLAG. He hired 3 laborers ( a dad and his 2 sons and NO, it wasn't the Crockett family) who did the entire job. James Crockett was no where around. I know that for a fact, because I came there for a few days and I also have 24/7 surveillance cameras.
James contract stated the job would take 1 business day, but it spanned over 11 days. I see that's a common problem by the other reviews I've read on them.
FROM THIS POINT ON, IT ONLY WENT FROM BAD TO WORSE.
* During the installation, they disconnected my CCTV system.
* When they installed the 4 front pathway lights, my front pedestrian gate light went out AND after they moved my huge potted cactus plant, they left it sitting in the middle of the front pedestrian gate entrance's narrow sidewalk.
* The 1st driveway sensor light was set incorrectly by James own admission, so it stayed on all night long. When they re-set it, it still came on every time someone walked past the bldg. on the sidewalk (which is all the time in Weho!) rather than only going off when a car drove down my driveway, which was the purpose of the light.
Nothing like running up my electric bill!
* The 2nd driveway sensor light never came on at all. James later admitted they'd connected it to the TENANTS UNIT rather than my exterior lighting like all my other pre-existing lights. So the tenant gets billed for the common area electric bill? That shows total lack of common sense.
* The courtyard sensor light never came on. When they re-set it, it stayed on ALL NIGHT LONG until the next morning rather than the 7 PM- 12 midnight period I had told them to set it for. Again, nothing like running up my electric bill!
* None of the 6 garage lights on the motion sensor never came on at all.
So out of 5 different areas, they didn't get ANY of them right, and the electricity only came on at all in TWO areas!
I gave James the opportunity to come and make things right by meeting me at the job site. This is where it got even worse. All he had was EXCUSES for everything.
* He denied my pedestrian gate light went out because of them (I had just replaced the bulb a few wks. prior so I knew it wasn't the bulb.)
* He said he'd move the plant "later."
* He admitted they set the driveway light fixture to the wrong setting but refused to adjust it so it wouldn't go on every time someone walked down the sidewalk.
* He claimed the 2nd driveway light fixture would work when a tenant moved in and the electricity was connected. I couldn't believe my ears!
* Apparently they had completely forgotten the courtyard timer but after they set it, it stayed on all night long. He wasn't willing to adjust it.
* James most shocking response of all was when he told me the 6 garage lights didn't come on because there was no electricity going to the garage!!! I said "that's why I paid you ($770.00) for! You're the electrician!" Then he told me I would have to pay him extra to make the lights work!
RED FLAGS, BELLS & WHISTLES! BAIT 'N SWITCH!!!!
Then he instructed his workers to "remove all the romax!" The workers proceeded to burst into my garages and basement to remove the electrical materials.
After 45 yrs. in the Real Estate business, I have never seen such blatant alleged NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, BAIT 'N SWITCH, and total disregard for a job or customer by a contractor as I saw from James Crockett. All I can say is, BEWARE and THINK TWICE.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2020 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/crockett-electric/inglewood-ca-fraud-negligence-1497310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.