X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dream Electrical Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jane — Jacksonville Florida United States
  • Dream Electrical Jacksonville, FL 2647 CeserY Blvd, Jacksonville FL Jacksonville, Florida United States

Dream Electrical Jacksonville, FL They pulled electrical permit then asked me to pay $500 to pay for the permit, one year later permit was never paid for. Jacksonville Florida

Unpermited elecrical work was being done on a house I owned. I paid 50% down for the work then they came back and asked for me to pay $500 for a permit because I had checked with the permits department and they said the permit had been opened but not paid for.

Then a year has gone by with me begging them to finish the work.  I went back to the city to find out what I could do and they told me to pay for the permit so I did, the cost was $104. I let the company, Drean Electrical know the permit had been paid, they made many appointments but never showed so I scheduled the city clectrical permit person to do a final inspection which the contractor did not show for and so I had to open the house, the inspector failed the job.

I am out so far $2400 and no electrical to the house. They city has allowed me to hire a new company so I will be paying for the work twice. The new company is having the permit inspector to review all work done unpermitted, then let me know the requirements to correct and meet current code.

If this is not done this house will be demoloshied by the city. This is not a fair position to put anyone in, especially a 70 year old women whos husband died during this process. I will be taking this to civil court once the job is completed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2019 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/dream-electrical-jacksonville/orida-pulled-permit-asked-pay-1479983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content