X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Edison Insurance Company - Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Marilyn — Weston FL United States
  • Edison Insurance Company P.O. Box 21957 Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania United States

Edison Insurance Company Edison took money from my bank account without my authorization and has not paid me back Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On June 24, 2020, I was about to purchase a home insurance policy from Edison but the insurance agent did not realize that this was for an investment property and not for my home.  When I pointed this out to the agent, he re-priced the policy, which almost doubled.  Obviously, I did not accept the policy and told him to cancel everything.  I never signed the paperwork and was genuinely surprised to find out that Edison had already taken its payment in full (for the original quote) directly from my bank account.  I asked my agent to be sure to refund the money Edison had taken from me and he said it could take up to 7 days.  Frankly, since they wired money prematurely out of my account, I expected Edison to wire the money back promptly.

After two weeks of waiting patiently, my agent informed me that it was out of his hands. He suggested that I called Edison directly, which I did.  It has now been a full month and after several phone calls, I am still out $778.94.

I was told on two occasions that my check was sent out on July 14th.  However, I find this hard to believe since nine days later I have yet to receive it.  Edison was wrong for taking payment that I did not authorize and should have wired the money immediately back into my account.  Their practice is highly unethical and I would never recommend this company.  Moreover, I am retired and have little income because of the Covid-19 situation.  I need my money to pay my bills.

I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Insurance Commission so I hope I get my money back soon.  Calling Edison has been a worthless exercise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2020 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/edison-insurance-company/lehigh-valley-pennsylvania-1497989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair