Complaint Review: Fixed Price Movers - Burbank California
Fixed Price Movers LAPROM Movers or Blush or 24 movers Bait and Switch Scam Burbank California
I've contacted the Bureau of Household Goods and Services (BHGS) and made a complaint. I was told that the company's CAL P.U.C number does not belong to them and they may be operating without a license. This company changes its name often. Check out the Rip Off report for LAPROM moving company (https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/LAPROM). This is in fact the same company with a new website using a different name. First, Tara was very nice when taking the appointment and my credit card number (BTW I canceled that credit card).
When I had questions on the contract she didn't know what she was talking about. I asked her since they were sending 3 movers would there be more than 1 dolly, she told me I would have to pay extra. What are the other 2 movers doing if there is only 1 dolly? Then she complained that she took time to explain other things to me. The movers show up and this guy immediately says this is an 8 hour job. I say what are you talking about 95% of everything is packed (the other 5% I didn't need them to move)? He says he's the professional, he does this everyday and the bed is still up, I take the bed down in less than 5 minutes.
After going back and forth with Tara and their (supervisor, owner, or foreman) he called himself all of those but his name is Oleksii. Then they start 30 minutes late and they take the boxes out in less than 30 minutes. They milled around wasting time after that. I had to take things out to the truck because they were not moving. Then they get everything on the truck and I go to get my my keys from the kitchen, and I notice they've left the refrigerator. I'm like WTH? You're the professional but you leave the refrigerator. Then he says. we can take things off and put the refrigerator on. I told them that you put things on that I could have taken in my truck.
Then it was apparent this was obviously a scam to get more hours out of me. At this point they've been working approximately 2.5 hours on a job the professional said was 8 hours. I call Tara and Oleskii and Oleskii says that they will go back and get my refrigerator for no extra charge. Then they tell me they will not unload the truck unless I pay them for 6 hours. That was the next scam. No place in the contract did it say that I had to pay before the job was done which would have taken approximately 1.5 hours more. In fact the contract says pay afterwards. So I paid them, I had no choice. The scam continues and is now instead of taking the boxes off the truck and into the new place, they put them all on the curb, then start moving them in after that.
These people are professionals at stalling. So then we go back to get the refrigerator and scratch it up really good, this is a 2 year old refrigerator. They did not have the proper dollies needed to move it. Then I'm told it does not fit in the elevator at the new place. I told them to take it up the stairs. He says if they take it up the stairs it will take an additional hour. This is ridiculous. At this point it will take three guys 1 hour to take a refrigerator up 3 flights of stairs. Then they threaten to leave the refrigerator blocking the entrance to the elevator unless I pay them another hour. That was the final scam. After I negotiated to give them another $100 that was not documented on the contract but I video taped the entire negotiation. They took the doors off and took it up in approximately 20 minutes.
I then discovered my desk is broken, I asked what happened to my desk and they said it was falling apart anyway. Furthermore, they left furniture in the hallway of my building and when I asked them to get a screwdriver and remove 2 screws to remove a piece so that it fits through the door he told me to do it. My cabinets were scratched up, so I asked I thought you had blankets to cover things. I was told that they covered other things. Those cabinets were taken out right after the boxes. This was the worst experience I've ever had with any business. After money has changed hands then they will not answer your calls.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2021 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/fixed-price-movers/burbank-california-laprom-1506295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.