X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Jeremy D. Flagel M.D. Sage View Psychiatric Cente. - Bend OR

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jake — Bend United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Jeremy D. Flagel M.D. Sage View Psychiatric Cente. 1885 NE Purcell Bend , OR United States

Jeremy D. Flagel M.D. Sage View Psychiatric Cente. Negligent, unprofessional and potentially lethal conduct Bend OR

*Author of original report: My records also completely falsified

*Consumer Comment: Not by any means the first time this has happened at Sage View Psychiatric Center

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

While dealing with a number of other physical health problems, I was admitted voluntarily to Sage View with severe anxiety and suicidal ideation.  I did receive adequate treatment for several days until my care was turned over to Jeremy D. Flagel.  He was immediately dismissive of my other health concerns and told me that I would have to wait until after I was discharged to find treatment elsewhere. ( I had already discussed the treatment I would need with the nurses on the unit and they assured me things could easily be taken care of there.)

After thinking things over for a while, I informed his social worker Amanda (last name unknown) that I felt I had no option but to leave and seek help elsewhere.  She asked me a few basic questions and then whether I was still potentially suicidal.  I answered honestly that I might be, but again felt I had no choice but to leave.  She then left the room to consult with the doctor.

About 15 minutes later she returned with Dr. Flagel to a public area of the unit and, without asking any questions or attempt to gather more information, he immediately accused me of pretending to be suicidal so that I could continue to stay in the unit.  I was completely shocked and bewildered by his accusation.  I was asking to leave the hospital so where did any suggestion of a desire to stay even come from?  I asked him to clarify the intent of his accusation.  His explanation made even less sense than the accusation itself but suggested that I was preemptively pretending to want to leave so that they would not be the one to ask me to leave at a later date.

Oh my God, the absurd paranoia, legal liability or whatever his motivation, my brain could not handle at that moment.  I was in a terrible almost traumatized state of mind and just decided to do and say whatever they wanted so I could get the hell out of there.  I did NOT, however, give in to his request that I deny my potentially suicidal state.

For at least two days after that I was closer to suicide than I had ever been before.   The one place in the entire county where you are supposed to feel safe and supported in those circumstances, and you leave feeling it is actually the least safe place in your entire world.  The only thing that got me through it was the will to not let him/them have the power to be the cause of the end of my life.

I will not speculate as to what kind of people this doctor and his social worker really are.   But to make such accusations under any circumstances is at least extremely reckless and unprofessional.  And in my mind, very sick.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2021 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/jeremy-d-flagel-md-sage-view/ben-m-negligent-potentially-1508818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

My records also completely falsified

AUTHOR: Jake - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, June 17, 2021

I am so glad the previous post mentioned all the apparently intentional lies In her records. I did not realize those types of notes were available in patient's records; which is disturbing to begin with. Any doctor or therapist can just write half-cocked and/or untrue opinions that will forever follow a person around in their medical records?? What a terribly run organization Sage View Psychiatric Center is!! That allows an even worse person like Jeremy Flagel to completely cover up all of the negligent or even abusive things he has done.

Every type of lie possible was included in my notes, from half-truths to totally-made-up-pulled-out-of-the-ether fabrications. Every single one of them damaging to the perception of the patient; while, any favorable information was entirely omitted altogether. This is supposed to be a place of healing? And all the staff does is unfairly judge highly vulnerable people so harshly, and then pile malicious lies on top of that judgment??

I have heard it said that many people who are drawn to psychiatric careers are actually hiding their own dark secrets. That may not always be the case, but here at Sage View it seems to be the foundation of a prevailing organizational culture.

AUTHOR: Jane - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, June 15, 2021

I'm so sorry this happened to you but also wanted to mention something very similar happened to my daughter as well. She had been really suicidal for quite a time then our doctor said it would be best for her to go to Sage View. She was only there a few days and Dr. Jeremy Flagel put her on some medication that just made her feel awful and knocked but not at all any better. Then when Flagel tried to shove her out the door she argued against it saying she still felt suicidal.

I guess Flagel made her feel bullied around like a young girl so she finally agreed to go. When she left she was in way worse shape then when she went in and we also felt like- well where can we go now? THEN maybe the worst part when we got her records a week later was Flagel's discharge report all full of lies and things that were completely made up out of the blue. It was so obvious he was trying to cover up his liability in case she did go home and kill herself.

I couldn't help wondering if this was the way Sage View Psychiatric Center always does things or if it was all his doing. Now after reading what happened to you too I'm guessing its a matter of Flagel being a real lying coward but Sage View probably encouraging it too.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair