X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Michael Choi, DMD - irvine ca

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: james — United States
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Michael Choi, DMD 113 Waterworks Way Ste 120 irvine, ca United States

Michael Choi, DMD Michael Choi, DMD Smile by Design THIS PLACE WILL OVER-CHARGE AND WON'T RESPOND TO YOUR REQUEST FOR DENTAL RECORDS! irvine ca

*Author of original report: Problem solved

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I been asked to take down the review but I will not delete or change the review. I stated facts and this review is based on my true personal experience with Smile by Design Dental Group Irvine.

____________________________________
**BE AWARE!!**

I visited Dr. Choi's office first time in Jan 2017. I have done a few implants from him, but later I found out that Dr.Choi was over-charging me incredibly high on implant and root canal. Therefore I decided to go other dentist office for treatments.

I requested Dr.Choi to release dental records several times through Email. But I got no response at all. I knew he and his office were obviously ignoring my request for more than 6 months, because I was receiving other emails from him and his office.

So I searched on google about "The HIPAA Privacy Rule".

The HIPAA Privacy Rule grants patients or their personal representatives the right to receive, inspect and review their health information, including medical and bill records, on demand. Covered entities must give access to the patient's medical record within 30 days of the request.

So I requested with certified mail and wrote that he is required to release patients medical records when requested by the patient regardless of payment status. Then he finally responded after long 6 months of ignoring.

Therefore, my treatment  was delayed 6 months from other dentist, and I had so much pain for living without a tooth for 6 months.

Please check Employee Review on Glassdoor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2021 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/michael-choi-dmd/irvine-ca-smile-design-place-1509341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Problem solved

AUTHOR: james - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, September 09, 2021

Problem solved

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair