X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Allegra — Milwaukee WI United States
  • Mr Taxes 4200 Regent Street #200 Columbus , Ohio United States

Mr Taxes Tyon Thompson, Mr. Taxes USA Bait and switch tax prep fee Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: He Provided You A Service

He was my accountant. Charged me $250 to do my taxes, then came back and said I owe the IRS but he can "make it go away” for another thousand. I refused, and he refused to put in ANY of my valid deductions.

He subsequently filed my return without me signing it intentionally causing me harm by not including deductions I am entitled to. He has put me in a position to be audited and I’ve had to retain an attorney and a second accountant.

He has adamantly refused to provide a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2020 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/mr-taxes/columbus-ohio-tyon-thompson-1492190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

He Provided You A Service

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Charged me $250 to do my taxes, then came back and said I owe the IRS but he can "make it go away” for another thousand. I refused, and he refused to put in ANY of my valid deductions.  Well, I guess for starters, he did provide a service and you probably did owe the taxes due.  The problem however with your comment is your itemized deductions are probably insufficient.  Now, I suspect the real fraud would have been perpetrated had you provided him the $1,000.

He subsequently filed my return without me signing it intentionally causing me harm by not including deductions I am entitled to.  If a return is filed electronically, as long as the preparer has your signature on an agreement for him to do your taxes, he doesn't need your signature.  Insofar as harm?  Not likely.  If you hired a CTP, then the preparer is responsible if you happen to be audited.

He has put me in a position to be audited and I’ve had to retain an attorney and a second accountant.  Your chances of being audited are seriously near zero, especially with a return lacking the deductions your talking about, assuming they're material.  Remember, the IRS requires taxpayers to pay the LEAST amount of tax required under the law.  You technically paid MORE, if your narrative is correct.

If it only cost you $250 for a tax return, then you don't have much the IRS wants from you.  Just saying.  Now, the attorney is overkill; you don't need one yet.  What you need is the 2nd accountant to file a 1040X return with the changes.  If the preparer ends up telling you that there wasn't much of a difference, then you paid twice for the same return, and the first guy did OK.  However, I doubt the 2nd accountant will come to the same conclusion; the job of the 2nd accountant is to make the 1st guy look bad.  Again, just saying that's how this works.  Once that's done, then you should consult the attorney to determine your options, however you may not have many options worth pursuing....

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair