X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Murphy's Fuel Oil - Pasadena Maryland Ane Arundel Baltimore County

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alex — Dissatisfied Maryland United States
  • Murphy's Fuel Oil 4773 Mountain Rd, Pasadena, MD 21122 Pasadena, Maryland Ane Arundel Baltimore County United States

Murphy's Fuel Oil Dishonest Service Tech trying to charge for a new oil pump and burner motor when the ONLY thing that was wrong was a dirty fuel filter and screen from the tank.  Pasadena Maryland Ane Arundel Baltimore County

Dishonest Service Tech trying to charge for a new oil pump and burner motor when the ONLY thing that was wrong was a dirty fuel filter and screen from the tank. I was in the furnace room when he began the scam.

Our unit is not that old and I have over 50 years experience with things mechanical and was certain it was a fuel issue. He began disassembling the unit BEFORE even checking the fuel line filter and screen.   When I asked why he didn't check the filter FIRST, he became agitated and more nervous than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

He immediately said " I think the pump is bad" and I insisted he check the filter. He left and got a new filter element and screen. He admitted later that  the fuel screen was clogged and that alone would cause a pump to labor for fuel.

When I asked about cleaning the sludge out if the bottom of the tank he replied " If we're going to do all that we'll just sell you a NEW TANK".   I've worked in the automotive and Home Improvement businesses my whole life and am sick of these established "Companies " squeezing everything out of their honest customers.

When they have something terrible happen to them or their family and they say to themselves " why God did this happen to us ?" , well maybe just maybe THEY will realize the Karma Gods do exist.  I wouldn't let this scammer cut my grass. What a bunch of crap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2019 03:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/murphys-fuel-oil/pasadena-maryland-ane-arundel-1487583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair