X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Rising Tides Properties - Lynn Oliver - Garden City South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Chris — Woodbridge United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Rising Tides Properties - Lynn Oliver 2138 US-17 BUS, Murrells Inlet, SC Garden City, South Carolina United States

Rising Tides Properties - Lynn Oliver Filthy Property and even worse Management Garden City South Carolina

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I would give this management company less than one star if I could. I should have trusted my initial gut instincts when I first began the search for a vacation rental. The General Manager, (Lynn Oliver) was extremely unresponsive. She would agree to call me at a specific time and wouldn't. This happened twice. Once she reached me, she immediately began apologizing and begging me to give her another chance. Unfortunately, I did.

When we went to pick up the key, she once again apologized for her behavior and we told her all was forgiven. All we wanted was a clean place and we stressed that. She assured us it would be clean. Except....it wasn't. When we walked in there was a overwhelming smell of garbage. We immediately started looking for where it was, but it was EVERYWHERE! The refrigerator even stunk. We immediately left and went out to buy several air fresheners and baking soda for the refrigeration. When we returned, my husband noticed we had fruit flies coming out of the garbage disposal. It was then that he realized the smell was from old seafood! He spent too much of his vacation time trying to remedy the problem.  So much for clean.

We were so disappointed that we went to the bar and low and behold, our property manager was there. We told her about the problem and her response was "need a tab?" She never apologized or gave us any assurances or said she would check back with us to see if the problem had been resolved.  Isn't that her job?

The facility, Waters Edge was very dirty.  In the entire time that we were there, (almost 10 days), it was never cleaned or treated.  Lots of flooding in the parking garage.  The condo itself was very dated.  Cigarette burns in the carpet.  Lots of peeling paint in the bedroom.  The front window had been cut making it simple for someone to break in.  The balcony was so filthy, we weren't able to sit out there.  All the furniture was stained!

We noticed one night around 9:00 that the air conditioning wasn't working and we called the property manager.  No answer.  We texted several times and sent an email.  Over an hour later she finally called and said that she was unable to use her phone in the bar.  She deputes this, but I have the texts and emails that show the time I reached out and the phone record of when she called me. She sent her son to our place and he admitted he knew nothing about AC.

He turned the system off and on and agreed it was broken.  We again called the property manager and she indicated that she was going to "get someone out of bed" to come fix the problem.  We waited up two hours and no one ever arrived.  The next morning two men came to fix the AC.  They told me it was fixed.  Except, it wasn't.  The temperature was going up!  We again called the property manager, who now was not accepting our calls and letting them go straight to voice mail.

Eventually she called back and said she was moving us to another condo that was being cleaned at that moment....except it wasn't.  We went to the condo and banged on the door.  No one was there.  Because it was so hot in our condo, we left.  She called at one point and said the AC guy was there and we needed to meet him at our condo.  Isn't that HER job?  While waiting, we looked up the condo we were to be moved to and it was grosser than ours.  We decided to stay.  Not one time did she apologize to us, promise it wouldn't happen again or just be kind.  In fact, she blamed us!  She said we knew the AC was broken for two days prior.  Why would we sit in a condo for two days with broken AC?

In closing, I would like to say that we didn't get even mildly close to what we were promised.  The condo wasn't very nice, but the management was horrible.  She should be ashamed to run a company in such an unprofessional place.

Attached is a youtube video that shows the full extent of the filth on the balcony.  Pictures wouldn't do it justice

youtube.com/watch?v=Tur0…

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2021 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/rising-tides-properties-lynn/garden-city-south-carolina-1512273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair