X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been a customer for 3 years and now I need to use the warranty. I will be dropping them as soon as this is over. I've never had these issues with other warranty companies before. I have just filed a complaint with the BBB and hope that something comes out of it.

I have 3 claims that I filed at the end of December 2019 that are not being fulfilled; it is now February 17, 2020. The claims involve 2 plumbing issues and 1 HVAC issue. The contractor that Select Home Warranty sent to me in December was a regular handyman not licensed for plumbing or HVAC. He did not fix anything and insulted me on top of that.

Each week I have called Select Home Warranty for a status check on my claims. During one of the "reschedules", they tried to resend the handyman for the plumbing and then an appliance contractor for the HVAC system. I had to call them back again to straighten that out and, of course, they found out that the appliance contractor doesn't work on HVAC systems.

I am consistently told that it will take up to 48 hours for them to find a technician. I have multiple emails stating "...we are still working on dispatching your claim and should have a Technician lined up shortly...". I have multiple emails stating "...your claim #... is presently open in our system ... In the event we do not receive a response within [7 / 2] days from the date of this email. We will consider this claim closed..."

From what I'm guessing, based on my emails and phone calls, is that each time I call, they start the whole vetting process over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2020 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/select-home-warranty/avoiding-fulfilling-contract-1491816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair