X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Todd — Columbus United States
  • Spectrum United States

Spectrum Charter refusing to prorate a bill even though I have constant outages

On 10/12/19 I called Spectrum to cancel my internet service because I have had at least 9 outages (lasting between 2-6 hours each) and was told the will not prorate the bill and I will be billed though 11/4/19. I work from home and these consistent outages make it difficult to perform my work duties. For most of the 9 outages I have called them to report as such.

They usually set up and appointment to have a tech come out but most times shortly after the appointment is scheduled I get a call from dispatch telling me they are aware of it and there is no need for an appointment (and so they cancel it). It on one occasion actually make it out here and he ran new cable from the home to their box but sadly it did not resolve the outage).

Since, as mentioned, I do work from home I cannot have any gaps in service, so I have WOW! Internet come out on 10/11/19 and install their service. They are refusing to prorate my final bill even though I am only leaving due to THEIR constant outages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2019 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/spectrum/charter-refusing-prorate-bill-1486555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair